Thursday, February 8, 2018

Taking Care of Business

Today was the day I decided to drive into Kingston to get things done. I chose the right time to go to the LifeLab because the crowds of people didn't start arriving until after I walked in. I waited for only 20 minutes before I got in. On the way home I stopped at Canadian Tire and registered for an emissions test.  The car was passed. I was in and out in only 10 minutes but I was falling asleep in the waiting room. I realized then that I hadn't had any coffee so instead of driving over to the license bureau to obtain my sticker, I decided to just come home, have my coffee, and make my onion, red pepper and spinach omelet.

This afternoon I worked on three more birthday cards.


 I wanted to go upstairs and do more Spring cleaning in my bedroom but it was really, really hard to get motivated. In the end, I took the vacuum cleaner upstairs and cleaned up more items from the bedroom that did not belong there. I threw a load of laundry in the washing machine to do later tonight after 7 o'clock. I still wasn't in the mood to clean, so I didn't push it. I came back downstairs and made zoodles with meatballs for supper. I read some blogs and commented. I emailed my DIL who is having surgery tomorrow. I "face-timed" with my grandkids and "Dee". I am not going to post any vacation photos tonight because I have not organized them yet. (Did I mention that my photos didn't download in chronological order?) Anyways, I think it will be an early bedtime tonight.

4 comments:

  1. You certainly took care of business! You got a lot accomplished. And I'm in love with your cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I guess I did get a lot accomplished. Can you tell that I hate doing errands? I have not had to do that much in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for the car passing its emission test and for pretty birthday cards! I hope your DIL is recovering nicely from her surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The car passed and I bought my new license sticker. Yay! I can drive for another year. I also renewed my driver's license. WooHoo. Now I am legal for 5 more years.

    ReplyDelete