Friday, February 16, 2018

No Plans

I made no plans for today. I didn't set goals or expect to accomplish much. I didn't disappoint. I decided that since I really hadn't accomplished too much this week...yet, then I may as well sit at the computer and catch up there, instead of tinkering around the house and wishing I were on the computer. Yesterday was supposed to be my actual card making day. I made one card for my mother, and then proceeded to make backgrounds for future cards. I made 4 cards on Wednesday afternoon, so the week was not a total washout.

So I made some outdoor backgrounds by inking in some grass and cloudy skies. The one I made for my mom has sun rays inked in. The cat is from my new stamp set I bought earlier in the week.
Then I dropped some inks on a transparency, spritzed some water over it, and "smooshed" pieces of water colour paper into the mix to produce these backgrounds. They look pretty behind silhouette stamped images.
And since I had my inks out, I decided to stamp my crazy cats and birds on water colour paper and onto regular card stock in order to paint some of them to use in future cards. In the card up top (for my mom) I used glossy accents on the eyes to make them shiny and bulge out (a 3-D effect). These are fun. Once I cut them out over the weekend, I should be able to make a few cards with them next Thursday.

It's a good thing I started the week with my errands, or I wouldn't have got anything done this week. We are into the start of another weekend. I hope you have a good one.

4 comments:

  1. You might have given yourself the day off, but look at all that card crafting you did! I love that blue bird on the piece of paper with all the cats. My daughter used to watch a cartoon that had a little blue bird like that (can't remember the name of the cartoon).

    I hope you have a lovely weekend, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I may not have produced many cards, but I prepared myself for making future cards. Doing up some backgrounds will help out tremendously.

      Delete
  2. You are so clever in the way you design your cards. And what attention to detail! I love the top row of birds in that picture of the stamps, they have such great expressions and I like their roundness. You did such a great job coloring them in. It looks like they were printed just like that! Which I mean as a compliment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you. I'm taking that as a compliment. Sometimes. when I am lacking in motivation, it is a good exercise to design card layouts or make backgrounds to use later when your Mojo is revved up. I wish the same was true for doing housework. Ha. I am going to try the stop watch trick to see what I can accomplish in a short amount of time. See if that helps.

      Delete