Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day

It's almost my bedtime, but I wanted to jot down a few events that have happened over the last couple of days. I mentioned on Monday that I picked up a few more groceries for this week, so here they are:
 Dairy cost $11.91
 Produce cost $19.29 (yellow cooking onions, 2 heads of cabbage, 5 zucchini, 6 lbs of apples, rutabaga and 2 peppers).

Not pictured is a box of 100 Splenda packets for $5.99 and a whole fresh chicken that cost $5.46  I cooked that chicken already in my crock pot. My total grocery bill was $42.76

Yesterday I was on the phone making two appointments with my GP. One is set for next week while the other is for a physical early in March. I also made a start on my craft room clean-up.

I was talking only last week about getting some insurance quotes when my policy came up for renewal. Well the renewal packet was in the mail on Monday, so I called my broker yesterday morning to try and get some answers. My home insurance premium is another $27 a month more! Her server was down so she couldn't get the information I needed yesterday, but she has promised to phone me back this week. If she cannot explain why the big increase, I will definitely be checking other places. I used some of my new acrylic stamps on water colour paper last night and coloured in the images with my distress inks.

I spent this afternoon making cards.....a birthday card for my sister and three more valentine cards. I was invited to my son's and his fiancee's place for dinner  tonight, so I wanted to make enough valentines for the other guests. I got back home around 9:30 and will maybe relax in front of the TV before retiring for the night.

4 comments:

  1. You did so well with your shopping, Susan! Hmm I love rutabaga. But one else here loves it :(

    Sorry to hear about your homeowner's insurance going up. It's hard when you're on a fixed income. I hope you find a cheaper policy elsewhere. Ours has been going up every year as well. I expect that either it'll go up A LOT or the company will just drop off, following all the hurricanes, etc. even though we didn't put in a claim. They have to do it before the 6 month mark PRIOR to the expiration date of our current policy, so that would be before the end of April. Until then, I'm on pins and needles every year because a couple of the national companies (Allstate, State Farm) dropped us already, a few years back. It was really hard getting coverage for our old house this last time. These days we don't HAVE to have insurance since we no longer have a bank mortgage dictating those terms but why risk it? I'd rather have coverage in case something truly catastrophic happens or someone gets hurt on our property (although I think our current policy is really bare bones for that last risk, unfortunately).

    I hope you had a good day today and got to work on your craft room more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, no I didn't.....[work on my craft room] But I still have the weekend to try and make up some time. I was reminded this afternoon when I read your comment that I didn't hear back from my broker yet. I will make a note to call her on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did well on your grocery shopping. I hope you can get a better quote on your insurance. It pays to shop around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will wait until I get a final quote from my broker. I need to compare prices with coverage, and until I get final numbers from her, I can't really comparison shop.

    ReplyDelete