Monday, February 5, 2018

Daybook: Monday, Feb. 5/18

I started a blog post over the weekend but didn't even get that finished. So, to kick start my posting again, I will do another Daybook.  Later today I will post my first grocery shop for the month of February.

Outside my window.....it is clear and sunny after a weekend of snowy weather. It is -13 degrees Celsius.

I am thinking.....I need to stop puttering and get on with accomplishing goals. It has been a week now since I returned from my cruise and I don't know what I have done with the week. I have been busy, but doing what exactly?

I am thankful for.....Facebook Messenger that allows me to "face time" with my family.

From the kitchen.....I baked some doggie biscuits yesterday. I also made up two pounds of ground beef into meatballs with a piece of mozzarella cheese in the centre of each. I had some last night and froze 2 dozen more. I shredded and cooked a cabbage, roasted a chicken, cooked and mashed a whole rutabaga, and sauteed a huge pan of onions, peppers and fresh mushrooms which I have been eating as a side dish and adding to my morning omelets.

I am wearing.....blue denim jeans, a gray cowl neck sweater, and black, gray and red "Canada" themed socks. My hair needs washing later today, so right now it is tied back in a low ponytail.

I am creating.....packages for the mail. I finished ten valentine cards for the kids which are addressed and stamped. I also made up small packets for my grand children which contain souvenirs from the cruise as well as the valentine cards I made for them. I will take everything over to the Post Office later today.

I am going.....probably nowhere today. Besides walking to the Post Office, I don't feel like driving anywhere.

I am hoping.....I can motivate myself into tackling some projects this week.

I am hearing.....only the blower on the furnace. The dog is sleeping upstairs in my bed.

Around the house.....my Christmas cards are still up on the dining room wall. The kids' "office" is still set up in the living room. My dining table still has my card-making supplies piled up. Ughhh.

One of my favourite things.....is still Netflix. I don't watch during the day. I only watch TV after sitting down for supper, but I can still find lots of TV series that keep me interested. This past week I have watched the 4th season of "Grace and Frankie", all seasons of "Luther", and yesterday I started "Uncle".

A few plans for the rest of the week... include a visit to Life Labs to get blood drawn and then I can make an appointment with my GP. I have to make an appointment to have an emissions test done on my vehicle so I can buy another year's renewal of my license plate. I also need to renew my driving license and my Provincial Health card before the end of February. I want to start my Spring Cleaning this week, so I need to come up with a reasonable goal for this week.  I have tried twice to put my vacation photos on a CD so I can mail them to my SIL. After 2 frustrating tries and not knowing exactly why they are not all transferring, I gave up. I will try again when I am feeling more calm about it, or when my son or his fiancee can help me out.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....
Remember my niece was sending me a "Just Because Box" over three months? This is what arrived this week....Dead Sea salts, a handmade soap bar, body butter and an organic pomegranate candy pop. I am loving this gift.


4 comments:

  1. I can't believe that Netflix is more important than reading your friends' blogs!! I kid, I kid. Enjoy yourself whatever you do, it's what it's all about. I didn't like Luther as much as I love the actor. I think I stopped watching it in Season 2 because his relationship with Rose really disturbed me. I've never heard of "Uncle" and I have yet to finish Season 3 of "Grace & Frankie"! I really haven't watched anything since the Christmas break, save for "The Amazing Race" with Greg once a week and a couple of episodes of Planet Earth II.

    Love that "Just Because Box" gift. That really was a great idea from your niece!

    Minus 13, oh dear! I'm sorry. I spent the day out in the garden today, it was lovely. I can see why your Northerners can't wait to get back to your gardens as soon as the snow is cleared because it actually felt very nice to be doing gardening stuff today!

    How is your son doing after his transplant?

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son is doing very well, thank you. He has been home for a week and attends Transplant Clinic twice a week. The healing is generally very quick. The time consuming part is getting that fine balance with all the anti rejection drugs that he needs to take. He needs to take care not to be in a "germy" environment. That means no public transit and staying away from sick people in general. He needs to limit his exposure to public places, so he will be away from work for a couple of months, at least.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a busy day! Stay warm in those temperatures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always seem to find enough to do to keep me out of trouble. Temps are warming up a bit now, which usually means more snow.

      Delete