Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Super Procrastinator


Do It Now Tomorrow.

It isn't that I am accomplishing NOTHING; but, I don't feel like I am getting as  much done as I thought I should have.  I think I am still tired and jet-lagged. I have yet to read all my emails and blogs, let alone respond. I have been getting lots of phone calls and trying to keep up with those.

I obviously caught my flight back home on Friday and I even had a friend waiting for me to take me to my van. That was a very nice surprise, as I thought I would be taking a cab. First I had to wait to see if my luggage had arrived on an earlier flight AND IT HAD. So that was another nice surprise. I got home about 3:30 in the afternoon. My friend who I left my van with,  left a cooler bag with ice packs before she went to work that morning. Inside were some eggs, milk, chopped veggies and shredded cheese with which to make an omelet in the morning. Surprise #3. After coming home I could not keep my eyes open and so I slept a couple of hours.  I got up and made supper but before eating it I drove to my friend's house (the one who had my van) and brought her back to my house to sleep over. We were leaving together the next morning at 7:30. I was driving as far as Bradford for my grand daughter's birthday and my friend was going to continue on to visit a friend outside of Owen Sound.
The theme of the party was "Five Nights at Freddie's". If you are like me, you have never heard of it. It is a video game. My grand daughter just turned nine years of age.

 The table just before the guests arrived.
 The pinata. What a great mom.
The cupcakes were decorated as one of the characters with edible eyeballs. The decorations, games and prizes were all on the theme. I was amazed at how much was available for a game I had never heard of before my grand daughter filled me in earlier in the spring. My daughter made me another fathead pizza for my diet and I stayed over for the night. My friend picked me up before noon the next day. By the time I got home, it was 4:30 on Sunday night. I got a message that my brother and my SIL were driving to see me the next day and were bringing me something. AND, that night I discovered that I did not have my bag of prescription medicine with me. Oh, oh!

Monday morning at 10:30, I left a message for my son in Vancouver (7:30 his time) to see if I left my prescription medicines at his house or (heaven forbid) if they had been taken from my luggage. In the meantime, my company arrived.
This is what they brought me....a Rubbermaid storage shed for my lawn tractor mower. I won't have to wrap it in a tarp anymore. We put it all together but I will need to prepare a flat, level base for the floor  with some of the 3 yards of gravel that still sits in my driveway. They had to buy a new tractor lawn mower this summer which turned out to be too big for this shed. After putting together their larger shed, they decided to gift me their old one for which I am most grateful. All I had to offer them was coffee or iced tea. You remember I had eaten down all my fresh food and I don't buy processed convenience foods.  I couldn't even offer toast because of my diet. They had a few stops to make before leaving for home, so I am sure they stopped somewhere to eat. It was already almost 3 PM by the time they left. In the meantime, my son phoned back to tell me that he found my prescription drugs (PHEW!) and he was mailing them out by Priority Post. I headed to Amerstview to my drugstore to see if they would advance me a couple of days until the mail arrives, which they were able to do for me.

Yesterday I started the day by pulling the 3 foot tall cornflowers from my front lawn. Those are weeds that grow prolifically in my yard. The grass was parched and brown,which made these weeds really ugly to look at and I couldn't stand it. They have a very long tap root, so after I pulled them out, I squirted some of my  homemade weed killer down each  hole. Then I went out to pick up some groceries at No Frills, using my Optimum points to pay for them.
Meat cost $27.62  Tilapia $6, Hot Italian sausage $2/lb., frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts $2/lb, smoked meat for $5, ham steak for $2, and 2 strip loin medallion steaks for $2.37 because I found a package that had been incorrectly priced. Yay me!

Frozen produce was $19.00
Fresh produce cost $25.87
Dairy was $9.00 for a total of $81.50  I cashed in 80,000 Optimum points so I paid out of pocket $1.50
I still have 115, 727 points left on my card. That should pay for most of my groceries (I hope) this month.

I also went to the post office yesterday to pick up my 3 weeks worth of mail. I got 2 free Keurig pods for Maxwell house coffee in the mail. I went on-line to order baby gifts from a registry for an upcoming shower mid-August. I paid some bills on-line that are not automatic withdrawals because I like to see what I owe beforehand. I tried to figure out why Netflix is coming to my tablet, but not my TV. I tried to catch up on some emails and because I was on the computer, I got sucked into some rabbit holes from some mail updates from Pinterest. Darn. I have enough to do without wasting time there. Later today I hope to send out Day One of our trip to California. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. It was so nice of your brother and SIL to pass on their small garden shed to you!

    And wow, look at all the groceries you got for FREE! And you can get another $100 worth for free as well? That's terrific!

    I had no idea that pharmacies could "advance" you medicine if you lost yours, but yours is the 2nd blog to mention this. It's good to know!

    You've been busy on your trip, and then by going to the birthday party, so you need to rest and not worry about being productive! Enjoy being home and some Netflix :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited about the free groceries. If I only buy dairy and produce, the $115 should pay for most of that.

    I was very happy to receive the shed. Ir was very nice they thought of me. Even better, they stayed long enough to help me put it together. *laugh*

    My prescription medicines arrived today in the Priority Post so I am very happy about that. My pharmacist gave me an advance of 5 days to tie me over. I think it is because I have renewals pending at my drug store. It was too early to renew, but they will advance a few tablets and when it comes time to renew, they will hold back those 5 pills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds to me like you got plenty done, Susan. How much more did you expect you'd be able to do after just coming back from a long and no doubt, tiring, trip?

    How wonderful to get all those groceries free! I'm so glad you received your medications and the pharmacy was able to accommodate you!

    Looking forward to reading your trip posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having a difficult time managing my day so that I can get a little done in each area that needs a LOT of attention. Isn't that everyone's problem? I need to do housework, but it is taking a back seat right now as I am elsewhere engaged with priorities that come up during the day. I have weeds growing in my yard that have had four undisturbed weeks of growing. Ugh! I need to sort through my photos and I am trying to catch up with messaging people. On the bright side, when I do get something done it is with a great deal of accomplishment. That feels good. I might wish for more hours in the day, but I am already feeling pooped by the end of a normal day. *laugh*

    ReplyDelete