Friday, June 6, 2014

Blue Flax....I love this colour. 



     I started this day by squirting my salted vinegar on my driveway. I probably should spray it on because a gallon of vinegar did not go far. The weeds that were squirted though, are already brown and dried out.  If  I were to put a tbsp of dish detergent in the next gallon, and use a spray bottle to apply, the detergent will help the solution cling to the leaves that are sprayed.  I may be able to cover more area this way. (I would be a little concerned about overspray though.) However, when I do the patio stones, I will squirt the solution down in the cracks like I did today. This stuff really works. 

     This week I made three different batches of beans...black beans, red kidney beans, and today I made homemade baked beans. I cook dried beans in the crock pot all day or overnight and then place the rinsed cooked beans in smaller containers for the freezer. I buy my dried beans from the Bulk Barn. It is a very easy and economical way to always have different varieties of beans available for my recipes. It is a tasty and easy way to bring more protein into soups, salads and casseroles. And speaking of soups, I also made a chicken stock today. 

      I brought a load of laundry in off the clothes line and put a load of whites out. I also trimmed some more grass from around the flower beds in my back yard and did some more weeding. We are supposed to get a roto-tiller on loan tomorrow, so I will be doing up the vegetable garden. I have not got anything in yet, so it is imperative that I get it done tomorrow. I usually buy my starter plants from our local nursery in Odessa. On Sunday, my brother and SIL and one niece are picking me up to take me to the Picton Cheese Festival. Should be a good time. How will you celebrate this wonderful sunny week-end? Talk to you on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment