Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Ready-made planters
     Since my SP (sweetie pie) was going to Napanee yesterday, I asked him to drop into No-Frills to have a look at the hanging baskets they had on sale for $6.67  He picked up 5 for me...enough to fill 3 planters in the front yard and 2 hanging baskets for the veranda. He also picked up an oscillating sprinkler at WalMart for the veggie garden since we desperately needed one. He used a gift card to pay for it all. The hanging baskets are beautiful, but this one seemed a little too lush and full with three different kinds of flowers in it. When I asked him if he was sure that the price was the same on this one as the others, he said that no one was outside to help so he just took 5 baskets.  They all looked the same to him. Hmmm!

     So today I got my laundry hung out just in time for the skies to open and pour rain until about 2:30 this afternoon. (Like I've said, soft water rinse and fewer wrinkles.)  I spent all that time making cards at the dining room table. I got two Father's Day cards and two birthday cards in the 3 o'clock mail pickup, so it will be some kind of miracle if any of them arrive in time this weekend. After the rain, I planted 9 corn seeds that had been soaking since yesterday morning into very wet ground. I suspect we will get more rain before this weather pattern is finished.  The seeds are very old so I am not sure if they will even germinate. Keeping my fingers crossed. Tonight is tuna casserole for dinner. Bye now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment