Friday, June 27, 2014

Japanese spirea.....one of my flowering shrubs that is SO easy to grow.


     I continued with my grocery shopping this morning. I spent $59.66 at No-Frills and did not have any coupons to apply. I have been very lax about the upkeep of my coupon stash. Shame on me. I presented two, but they had both expired. I have been clipping coupons, but because I haven't actually been shopping in quite some time, I have neglected going through my booklet and pulling  the old ones and filing the new ones. What a mess! I guess I know what I'll be doing while watching TV tonight. Couponing works. You just have to put a little effort into it. Case in point....we went to WalMart next where 8 Kg of Pedigree was on sale for $14.94. I had a coupon that allowed me a second 8 Kg bag for FREE. Awesome coupon. I also picked up a box of Bandaids that wasn't on my list but I noticed them on sale while going to the cashier. I was able to use a $1 off coupon for those. I bought something brand-new. I shouldn't have, but we often find ourselves wishing that we had one to put in the car. And that is one of those fold-up chairs. I probably could buy one used at a yard sale, but I don't go to many, so I bought this one for less than $10. So  my total expenditure at WalMart was $32.28 

     When I got home, I took photos of my receipts and sent them into Snapsaves and Checkout 51 (grocery coupon apps) This is something else I have neglected doing in a while. I got $0.25 for buying potatoes from Checkout 51 and $0.25 for Redpath sugar and $0.25 for  apples from Snapsaves.  At first it seemed like a lot of work for a couple of quarters; but, now I have $8.00 saved at Checkout 51, and $6.00 at Snapsaves. This will eventually come back to me as cash money. And sometimes I get lucky by buying a certain brand, and it turns out to be worth $1 or $2. It all helps. 

     It feels really hot today, but I went out and  mowed the front lawn and most of the back yard again. Sunday I am serving dinner to our clients at  St. Andrews church. Because it is Canada Day weekend, we are serving  BBQ'd hamburgers and hotdogs, baked beans and pasta salad....a picnic supper. For dessert, they will have sliced strawberries over home-baked biscuits with ice-cream. Our team leader from Amherst Island is dropping by  my house tomorrow afternoon, so I can help her clean, hull, slice and sweeten 14 quarts of fresh strawberries from Paulridge Farms. It should be a nice relaxing job. My contribution to the dinner will be enough thick slices of tomato to cover 80 hamburgers. I'm sure it will all go. What are your plans for this weekend? Doesn't a picnic supper sound scrumptious?

No comments:

Post a Comment