Thursday, June 5, 2014


I missed the blooms this year of my apple trees and my lilacs.


     By the time I got back from Elliot Lake, my apple blooms were finished, and I never got to see my lilac trees. These photos are ones I took last year, when the blooms were out earlier than usual. Judging by how few dead flower heads were still on the lilacs, I am guessing they were not as spectacular this year. Am I wrong??

     It was overcast today...perfect weather for the mosquitoes to be out and about. So I stayed indoors and did a load of laundry, which I hung outdoors. I also cooked up two pounds of ground meat and stretched it out with onions and peppers. Some I made right away into a pasta sauce for oven baked rotini tonight. Some will go into chili con carne another night, while a third portion will likely top a pizza. I also made a "thinking of you" card. After lunch, my toner arrived by Fed-Ex for my printer.( I like ordering straight from the company as it is so convenient, cheaper than buying from Staples, and no shipping charges.)

     This afternoon, it rained all over my laundry outdoors (soft water rinse), and then it got VERY cold out. All my excuses for not vacuuming went straight out the window.(It's too nice a day to be inside. It's too hot inside to do housework.)  I had to face the cold hard facts. I just didn't want to do it; but, I gave myself a slap and told myself  to get 'er done. It was more of a spit and a promise because it wasn't a thorough clean. In order to vacuum, you first have to pick up stuff. My sweetie pie's grandmother used to tell me that if you look after the corners, the middle of the room will do itself. But there is too much stuff in the corners. I need to get it out of here. I sorta ran the vacuum down the main traffic areas and closed my eyes to the rest of it. Tomorrow, I will tackle the floors upstairs. Does anyone really like to do housework?? Let me rephrase that. Does anyone really enjoy picking up after other people?? Talk later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment