Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tomatoes, peppers, cauliflower, broccoli,  2 rows of yellow wax beans, 2 rows of green bush beans and 2 rows of carrots.
Along the far side I have run two rows of onions and along the side closest, are the strawberry plants. 

The mounds are planted with cucumbers, squash, zucchini, pumpkin, watermelon and musk melon (cantaloupe). In the spaces between the mounds, I will plant some corn...not necessarily for eating, but for decorating this Fall.


     I planted all the seeds this morning except for the corn. I forgot to soak them in water last night, so they are soaking now. Then I got out the gas lawn mower and did all the lawns, front and back. As you can see, I have not trimmed the grass around the raised veggie bed yet this year; but now that the garden is mostly planted, I'll have more time for trimming and weeding. I also need to get my planters done. I have not bought any annuals yet, and when these (mostly Spring) flowers start dying down, my flower beds will look very barren.  If I wait long enough, I may be able to snag some great bargains. Eventually I will bring out and clean the patio furniture so I can sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labour until it is  time to start harvesting  all the goodies from my garden. It will be nice to enjoy salads and veggies that I have grown myself. I planted some lettuce and radishes in another planter on the back deck, along with the herbs I planted yesterday. ...nice and close to the  kitchen.

     After planting all those rows of seeds and cutting all that grass, I came in to shower, BUT I did not go down for a nap. It was still hot working in that sun, but it wasn't nearly as strenuous  work as it has been lately. Besides, I have cards to make....Father's Day and lots of June birthdays.  My stash of homemade cards is getting quite low and I need to replenish .  I think we are supposed to get a soaking rain tomorrow, so that would give me an opportunity to stay indoors and do some crafting.  We didn't get that rain I was hoping for last night, and we really need it. Well, gotta go. I have a load of laundry to get in, and dinner to make. Talk to you tomorrow. 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment