Thursday, June 5, 2014

Yes, those are wild phlox in my garden. Even the weeds are pretty. 


     It was cooler today, so I took advantage and went outside to get some weeding done. It really is overwhelming, As you can see in the photo above, everything is growing leaps and bounds. I didn't get the salt and vinegar down in my driveway before I left, so all that weeding I did two weeks ago has all grown up again. I have all kinds of wild phlox growing everywhere (even on the patio) so I need to get it pulled before it goes to seed again. It is rather pretty, but takes over everything else in the garden. There should be statice, obedient plant, autumn joy, lilies and asters in that mess of wild flowers. 

     Although I am happy with what I accomplished outside today;  (my sweetie pie says he knows I have had a good time, if I come in burned, bruised, and bleeding. It was all of that.) but, I did not get that vacuuming done like I wanted. I don't seem to have the energy any more...must be my age.It is only 2:30 and I am wondering what I am going to make for dinner. I didn't plan my meals this past weekend. Bad Susan. While I was cleaning my kitchen Monday morning, I threw out a lot of food from the fridge again. That really bothers me.  So tonight I have to use up the rest of the fresh spinach and strawberries,  so a salad is in order. Perhaps I will make a chicken salad and serve some ciabatta buns to go with. We had chicken last night with rice pilaf and broccoli. While in Elliot Lake I went to lunch at a friend's house and she served the yummiest chicken salad with mayonnaise and sweet Thai chili. That is what I will attempt for my family. Talk to you later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment