Monday, June 23, 2014

My pink peonies bloom after the red ones are almost finished. They are very large and heavy.

     It was another busy weekend for us outside. My SP took a trailer load of junk to the dump. This was the first free dump day of the season, so we had a full load. I pulled some more weeds, pruned some bushes, and finished cutting the grass in the back yard. I made another stab at clearing weeds from the gravel driveway. After I get rid of them, I would like to put down another layer of gravel over top as the gravel is getting really thin. Yesterday we cleaned one of the ponds. This was a huge job and took all day. Last year I filled the entire pond liner in, because I knew I would have all my youngest grandchildren staying here and I didn't want any of them falling in. It is almost impossible to keep kids away from water.  I missed  my bubble fountain,  and my water plants, so this year I decided to bring back the pond. I still need to come up with a plan to make the pond safe where young ones are concerned. The water is still very clear right now as you can see the filter and the pump, but once the water plants go in, those should be hidden.  I also need to rearrange those flat rocks around the liner  where they have been pulled back.



     Today I was out early to pull more weeds from the gravel around the pond (second time this year). I also weeded the front flower bed and hoed around the starter plants in the veggie garden. None of the seeds came up. I will have to buy some this week, as I really want to plant beans and carrots.  Working in the sun really tires me out. When I come in to shower, I don't really feel like doing much inside, so I try to have dinner planned before I head out the door in the morning. Today I put spare ribs in the slow cooker with lots of BBQ sauce and it is smelling really good right now. Talk later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment