Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Coral Bells look so dainty and last so long in the garden. The leaves look a little like Pelargonium ( annual geranium). The Primrose in the background look like they are going to burst out any day now, and mallow grows in the foreground.
     My day ran a little more smoothly today. I started by making two cards for my grandchildren in Oshawa. The four year old has her dance recital this Saturday and grandpa and I won't be there like we were last year. So I coloured in a digital image (clipart) of a little brown bunny wearing a pink tutu and ballerina slippers.  I fussy cut the image from cardstock and raised it up on pop dots on a dry embossed background. I have a very bad habit of  making these cards and not taking pictures of them before I mail them out. And since I made one for her, I HAD to make another one for him. I found a  plane on my Wild Card II  Cricut cartridge which I made with ivory and orange cardstock  so that it had the same colours as his hero, "Dusty Crophopper". He will know it isn't this character, but he will like his card with a plane on it.  I needed to get these cards out in today's mail pickup. 

     I spent an hour pulling weeds in one of my flower beds. That was enough before the mosquitoes drove me inside. After lunch, I spent an hour and a half upstairs cleaning.  I washed  the sink and toilet in the main bathroom, vacuumed the bathroom, laundry area, upstairs hallway and down the staircase. I threw some cleaning rags, bath mats, shower curtain, and two rubber bathtub mats into the washer while I ran the vacuum through the kitchen and dining room. I was really ready for a cool shower by then. I told you that my worst job is cleaning the refrigerator, but that doesn't mean I like cleaning toilets. It is still GROSS. I hung up the shower curtain and lay down the rubber bathtub mats, and hung up the rest outside. I just learned that more wild weather is on its way...tornado warnings for Bruce county.
 
     So I haven't updated you in a while about some more Freebies in the mail. Today I received a tube of Garnier Ultra-lift  transformer (anti-age creme). Yesterday it was two generous tubes of  John Frieda sheer Blonde shampoo and conditioner. Last week I received 2 packets of Advil Nighttime (2 tablets each) and my second free magazine from Elle Canada. (I hadn't even read the first one yet). I think there were a few more samples, but I can't think of them right now. I should write them down when they come in. If you like Freebies as much as I do, you should subscribe to either mrsjanuary.com  or couponchristine.com or  mysavings.com   You will get emails every day, but if you don't mind that, they are very helpful websites. I am off to make a chicken stir-fry for dinner. Talk later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment