Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Fast easy cushion cover for non-sewers (like me)

I have to thank my eleven year old granddaughter for this idea from the internet. I can use a sewing machine to make a simple curtain or do some mending, but that's it. The cushion inside has been repaired so many times now with patches over patches, it is UGLY. But I still had a few fleece throws from back in the day ($4.00 at Giant Tiger), so I decided I would use one to recover these old cushions. I placed the  cushion on two layers of fleece and cut around leaving about 8 extra inches all around. I then cut  3/4"-1" strips through both layers of fabric about four inches long all around the perimeter. I put the cushion between the layers and start tying  and knotting the strips together. Voila. This is the second cushion I have recovered from the same fleece throw. The first one is a favourite for lying on the couch...very cozy. And it washes up like a rag (cushion still inside)

Today was the day I got rid of the zucchini. I don't think my plant is going to produce any more...but I have said that before.  I made two chocolate zucchini loaves with walnuts. It's so yummy, but they only took 2 cups of grated vegetable. So  I also grated  zucchini and froze in two cup measures for the freezer. The rest of the zucchini I will dredge in flour. egg. bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and bake for a side tonight. If it is a hit, I will link you to the recipe tomorrow.  We have had a plethora of zucchini with just the one starter plant I bought. It is a very prolific veggie. I brought in more broccoli  and tied up my cauliflower. But the first cauliflower that I tied a few weeks ago, did not come out right. Hopefully, I will have better luck with these  three. By for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment