Wednesday, August 13, 2014


Two planters that I did not plant this spring. More self seeding of flowers from last year's Portulaca. 
    Last night's "Plan B" was simply called hamburger casserole by one of Company's Coming cookbooks. It is layers of sliced onion, potato, carrot, and zucchini with peas, browned ground beef and tomato soup over it all. It was ready by 5:30 and was enjoyed by everyone. Mission accomplished. The sausage and cabbage casserole that I had planned on for yesterday's dinner, became tonight's dinner. 


    Today the weather couldn't make up its mind what it wanted to be. There were sunny periods and then it would get very dark,cloudy, and windy.  It decided not to rain today, so I "cooked up" some plastic pony beads this morning on the back desk, in order to make my own enamel dots for card making. I discovered on the web that a lot of people are melting these plastic beads on parchment paper in a toaster oven at 425 degrees for between 10 and 15 minutes. Because of the smell, it was advised that you do it outdoors, rather than in your kitchen oven. It worked extremely well. I love these things for embellishing my cards, but don't want to spend a lot of  money. And now I have some in every imaginable colour. Score. For the remainder of the day, I continued to make birthday cards. So much better than weeding outside. Talk later. 







No comments:

Post a Comment