Monday, August 4, 2014

Globe Thistle

Happy Civic Day Holiday. It's a beautiful sunny day, and I should be outside. Maybe I can talk myself out there after lunch. I checked my veggie garden and decided that my one cauliflower plant should be tied up, as the "flower" has grown some in the last couple of days. I also harvested the broccoli on Saturday.




My tomatoes (and peppers) are growing, but are not turning red just yet. I think they are getting close however. My weeds are growing back in, as you can see, so I always have weeding to look forward too. But for the time being, I will restrict it to just around my starter plants,  as the beans are still small and tender looking, and the carrot rows are showing a green fuzz. (YAY) I don't want to get near enough to that area that I might disturb them.
     Over the weekend, I made a chicken vegetable soup and used some of the broccoli and yellow squash, and Saturday night I made a chicken stir-fry with some broccoli. So good. Yesterday I fried up some ground meat with onions, celery and yellow squash to freeze into portions for later in the week. It has been kind of hot and humid, so it is a struggle to feel motivated to do much of anything. We must be in the dog days of summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment