Tuesday, August 12, 2014




One of many Hosta under the lilac trees in the back.
This weekend I did end up going to Michael's. Beads were 50% off their red brand label, and I used my 40% off coupon to buy new blades for my Fiskar's paper cutter. I have since been making boxed Birthday cards to give as gifts to friends this Christmas.  I have been looking at quite a list of new and different crafts to make as homemade gifts. To my kids and grandkids, I usually give money so they can buy what they need or want, but I like to give handmade items as well. Nothing says Christmas like handmade.

I was able to cook up 3 different kinds of beans for the freezer since my trip to the Bulk Barn. For my weekly grocery shop, I had my SP pick up hamburger, milk, bread, tomato soup and Becel margarine. I have harvested my first tomatoes from the garden, more broccoli, more yellow zucchini and cucumber. Today is very wet, so I can't go out in the yard. YAY!! I put a sausage and cabbage casserole in the crockpot for dinner; then, discovered at 3 pm that I hadn't plugged it in. So I will be preparing plan B for dinner. I will let you know when I know. Talk later.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment