Monday, August 25, 2014

Obedient Plant

     Wow!  I am so behind in my blogging attempts. My little 5 year old granddaughter must have worn me out. She stayed for 3 sleeps at Grandma's house, 'til Thursday afternoon. We didn't go anywhere in the car. We didn't do any shopping. We walked wherever we wanted to go..... to the playground, on a nature walk, and on a picnic lunch by the Mill Creek. But mostly we worked on jigsaw puzzles and crafts at the dining room table, as well as  imaginative play with Barbies and little plastic kittens. I gave her my undivided attention and  it was exhausting. 

     Before she arrived, I did some cleaning and vacuuming, but I also had to do a bit of grocery shopping. So I did a major shop of the sales at No Frills ($66.38) and my SP went to Food Basics with a list. Pork loins were on sale for less than $2 a pound, so I bought 2 packages which I cut into smaller roasts and chops for the freezer. I also picked up a 2 chickens for $12 package, which I butchered myself (after checking online). My granddaughter does not like red meat of any kind, so chicken was the menu fare. My son doesn't like chicken  "with bones", so after deboning 2 whole chickens, I had a lot to make chicken stock with. So, we ate chicken fingers, barbequed chicken breasts, chicken stir fry and chicken vegetable soup. To complicate things just a little, the baking element in my oven decided to burn out the day that she arrived.  Fortunately, I was able to bake my son's birthday cupcakes earlier in the day, so there was nothing to do but have my granddaughter ice and decorate with sprinkles. She did an exceptional job. My son received some new clothes and two soft-cover books on "Tiny Homes" which he asked for. I made his card. 

     On Friday morning, I went into Kingston to get a passport photo taken and hand in my completed passport renewal application to our MP's office. Did you realize that a five year passport renewal is now $120.00? And there is no guarantee that it will be ready in a month. So if  they have not pulled it in two weeks time, I can expedite the process by spending another $95 on top of that. Serves me right for procrastinating.  I should have checked my passport months ago. And we're only driving across the border. Sheesh. Talk later.
      
     

No comments:

Post a Comment