Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Another beautiful day

Yellow tulips against the blue flowers of  Brunneria in my woodland garden.

 I have Trillium in my woodland garden...and a whole lot of goutweed. 
We got some rain last night...not very much. I got outside again for a while. I pulled as much goutweed  as I could from the front flower beds. This is a very invasive plant that I did not put in my garden, but once it has a hold, it takes constant vigilance to keep it under control. I pull the roots about 3 times a year to try and eradicate it...to no avail. I was going to transplant a white hydrangea bush to where the spreading juniper used to be, as well as some forget-me-nots that are currently coming up in a section of my lawn, but I will wait until the forecast is for lots of rain. I was also able to pull all the weeds from the veggie garden. I want to move my 8 half wine barrels along one side of the veggie garden and transplant my strawberry plants into those. Then hopefully, I can keep control of the runners that right now want to spread across the whole garden. If I can move those barrels and transplant this week, then I will be able to roto-till the garden on time this year. My veggies got in so late last summer.

The riding lawn mower was put back together this afternoon and taken for a spin in the back yard. It is running well. Only some of the grass was cut, as we need to pick up a lot of fallen tree branches and other junk into the trailer and haul it off to the dump. Sort of like vacuuming. Can't run the machine until all the papers, toys, etc., are picked up off the floor. And speaking of vacuuming, I need to find time to do that as well. This morning I did a load of dishes, a load of laundry, chicken stock in the crockpot, brown gravy to go with the sliced leftover roast pork from the weekend, and I made another bread and butter pudding with raisins. Before you know it, it is time to have lunch. I don't know where the times goes. Anyways, have a great rest of your day.



No comments:

Post a Comment