Monday, May 4, 2015

We need rain

Pretty pink tulips
I just may have to bring those tulips inside to enjoy. They are blooming in a section of the garden that I haven't got to yet, as evidenced by the long dead stems and leaves from last year's growth. I have been trying, but I am not spending enough time on them. On the weekend, we cut a HUGE golden juniper out of the front bed that was taking up nearly a half of the garden. We tied a rope around it and removed it with the Jeep, dragging around to the back yard. Hopefully the town workers will cut it up and put it in their wood chipper. I also pruned back a wild rose bush to the roots, hoping to get rid of it once and for all. I will have to stay on it all summer to cut back all the suckers that will still try to come up throughout the flower beds and lawn. Persistent little devils. I have moved so many wheelbarrow loads to the back with all the prunings, weeds, and cleaned up beds, that I feel as though I have walked a hundred miles.  But I am not used to all this hard labour, so after an hour or two, I have to stop and come inside. I had to have a nap both on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.

 I hung out four loads of laundry this weekend. I had to bake some more doggie biscuits and I made four mini loaves for us (Banana Cherry). We bought a new battery and drive belt for the riding lawn mower yesterday, when we were out picking up our prescriptions. I also stopped at Shopper's Drugs to pick up their cheap $1.99 eggs and 2 blocks of Old Cheddar (500 gms for $4.99). I like to combine my errands in one trip so we are not wasting gas.  My husband took the blade deck apart today to replace the belt but has not finished  re-assembling it. I used the gas push mower to cut the front lawn and trim it out today.  I had to send out a couple of greeting cards before I put together a lasagna for dinner tonight. I was going to go back out to do some weeding, but it is threatening rain. Yippee kie-yay! We sure need it. I hope this isn't a false alarm. I am back in the house doing a little rain dance. You should join me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment