Thursday, May 14, 2015

Dad's 90th birthday party

Birthday invitations

Do you remember back in February when we put these handmade "black tie" invitations together? Well, the time for the party has arrived. In a few hours, I will be travelling to Smith Falls for the night. Early tomorrow morning I will be leaving with my brother and my SIL for Elliot Lake. My husband is not able to go. It is too long a trip for him and the transplant clinic would prefer that he stay close to the hospital right now. He was really looking forward to this trip.
Luminaries 
I made these vellum luminaries for the dinner tables. The numbers are cut with my Cricut die-cut machine out of gold cardstock for two sides. The other two sides are stamped in gold ink with a party motif. I also made a birthday card which I will show next week, along with other photos of the party.
Mini Iris

When I get back, I will need to get into the gardens again. I did manage to fill those 6 green plastic tubs with compost, peat moss and garden soil. I even got to transplant some of my strawberry plants, but not all of them. I cut the front and back lawns. But the weeds are growing back in again, and my planters need some flowers. I also want to get some veggie starts into the ground. I am ready to go. Have a wonderful long week-end, and stay safe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment