Monday, February 22, 2016

Back home where I belong

I got home Friday afternoon from my mom's retirement home in Cobourg. I put the ingredients for crock pot lasagna into the crock pot, put a load of dishes in the dishwasher and went straight to bed. I slept for three hours. My hubby woke me at 5 o'clock. I didn't do anything at all while I was gone, but I came back feeling absolutely drained. It took most of the weekend to recuperate. 
 The walls are painted "Heavy Cream" and the laminate flooring is finally laid. 




Saturday was "Moving Day". My son and his GF rented a U-Haul truck to bring the rest of her furniture to our place. The walls were painted, but the floor was not finished. While I was away, our area received 50 cm of snowfall. My son shoveled snow for 3 hours one day and four hours the next. When my husband tried moving the Jeep out of the driveway so that the rest of the snow could be cleaned up, the radiator hose blew. The next day, my husband replaced the hose and the thermostat, replaced the antifreeze, but still the Jeep would not start. So the following day my husband replaced the water pump. Finally, success. So between the shoveling out of the snow and the vehicle repairs, there was no time to work on the bedroom. The GF has officially moved in and her belongings are here, but they are still residing in our spare guest room. Today my Sweetie and I finished the flooring. We still have baseboards and trim to install, shelves to build, and plugs and switches to install (although all the wiring has been run). 
Baking Day produced a dozen oatmeal muffins and a batch of choco chip cookies

Homemade granola.....cranberry and almonds

I did some baking and making today after finishing the flooring.  I washed and folded three loads of laundry. I am also trying to get through a lot of email. Would you believe 287 pieces of mail?? Most of it I can delete, thankfully, but I am still working on it. There are several blog posts I want to read. As well, I received a lot of birthday cards in the mail that I would like to acknowledge. So be patient with me. I will get to you in due course. Have a great evening. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Nathalie. I missed reading my blogs all week. My mom doesn't have Wi-Fi service, or a working computer. Boo. It was really, really difficult to just sit last week.

      Delete