Wednesday, February 10, 2016

If you can't take the heat, stay outta my kitchen

I took inventory this morning of the meat I have remaining in my freezers, and made a list of some dishes that I plan on cooking in the next couple of days. Some will be frozen for the guys to warm up while I am gone next week. I don't usually make up a menu plan in advance, but I do need to take inventory to make ahead meals. I fried up some onion, green pepper, red pepper, grated carrot and sausage to add to two pounds of ground meat. I ended up with four containers of fried meat. The smallest container I will add to a pizza I plan to make on the weekend using more onions, peppers and sliced pepperoni along with the last bit of mozzarella cheese that I grated this morning and froze. While the ground meat was cooking on the top of the stove, I baked a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies.

  
A batch of oatmeal raisin cookies


My stretched out ground meat ready for casseroles

I have had a ham bone simmering in the crock pot all day. I will use the broth tomorrow  to make either a bean soup or pea soup for tomorrow night's dinner, along with pulled pork on buns. I found that I still have some turkey meat from Christmas. So I chopped some up and added to leftover peas, carrots and cooked cabbage from the fridge, mixed in  two cans of cream of chicken and celery soups, and covered with two boxes of  Stuff and Such turkey dressing. I have popped that in the oven to crisp up the topping  for tonight's dinner. 

Turkey casserole ready for the oven

I folded a load of clean laundry and did some more water colouring for birthday cards I am making up for the month of February. I have gathered the garbage and paper recycling to take to the curb tonight. My Sweetie went to a friend's house to do some work on our Jeep this afternoon. I am just waiting for him to return before we have supper. Have another great evening everyone. 

2 comments:

  1. You are incredibly organized. If I left for a week, I'd let them fend for themselves.

    I hope your hubby was able to replace those axles with his friend's help!

    And... if you have any extra cookies, please send them to Florida with your stepsister. I'm sure she won't mind leaving them on my front porch, right? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was able to replace the left axle, which was the worse one. He will wait for a warmer day to replace the other, He did indeed need the help of his friend, when it was time to replace the tire. He is very relieved that it is done.

      Extra cookies??? Surely you jest. I am going to bet that they will be gone by the weekend.

      Delete