Thursday, March 10, 2016

Accomplishments today


So after emptying the dishwasher of last night's dishes, I sat down to my computer with my coffee and cereal. 
There was a message from Natalie with some advice on how I might post to my blog using email. I messed about with that for about an hour (not because her notes weren't clear, but because of the operator) Anyways, when it turned out successful, I was pumped. Rather than waste any more time with it, I decided to get some work done. I will try to send pictures  with this post. One thing at a time.

I chopped up what was left of two bunches of celery for the freezer.

I cut up, boiled, and mashed 5 pounds of turnip for dinner tonight and the rest also went in the freezer.

I fried up two pounds of ground beef with onion, carrot, and celery. I made gravy with my homemade brown gravy mix, and added that to the meat for three meals of mince and gravy. Two went into the freezer, and one will be dinner tonight with a serving of mashed turnip and leftover potatoes from two nights ago.

I added more stuff to my luggage (oh no) and repacked my purse including scanned copies of my travel documents, passport, out-of-country insurance, my itinerary, etc. I have also left copies for here at home.
As "D" said to me this morning, "It's a good thing we are finally leaving tomorrow so we don't end up packing and repacking anymore." If we leave anything behind.....too bad.




I made a few phone calls.  
Sent from my BlackBerry® PlayBook™
www.blackberry.comI

4 comments:

  1. Well hello Soon-To-Be-Leaving Word Traveler! Look at you being so productive! It makes the last hours before traveling go so much faster, doesn't it?

    I laughed at your stepmom's comment about repacking, too funny!

    It sounds like you're ready to go... I shall miss you and can't wait to read about your adventures, hopefully while you're traveling since you're now a pro at posting with your Blackberry (yay!).

    Oh and my quip about being the last one on earth to use one is because last time I met someone who actually used one was back in 2003, I think, lol. After your indignant response I checked their website and it appears that they now have smartphones. I thought they still only had the older kind with the smaller screen and the physical keyboard :) My apologies, you ARE hip!

    Have a safe trip. Don't speak to strangers, don't drink the water, don't stray from your group and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I tried to reply to your comment on my Blackberry. It didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked everywhere to see if there was a way to reply to comments via email but apparently not if you use Blogger's comment interface, sorry!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for that Nathalie. Like I said I can comment on my postings.

    ReplyDelete