Monday, March 21, 2016

First days in Egypt

I have discovered that I can compose some emails so that when I do get lucky and find some WiFi, they will be sent. So let me say that I loved flying with Egyptair......lots of flight attendants......lots of food and drink served. Each passenger received a pillow and blanket at no charge. We were presented with a travel pack containing tension stockings, sleep mask, earbuds to watch the movies, travel toothbrush and toothpaste. The flight was 11 hours. When we landed, we were greeted by an agent who took care of everything for us........luggage, customs, travel visa, and transportation. We went immediately on tour in Giza to see the Great. Pyramid and the Sphinx. And yes, we went on a camel ride.

We had a short visit of Cairo with a lovely lunch of  various Egyptian starters and a grilled plate of various meats and vegetables.  We watched a demonstration of papyrus being made from start to finish. At the end of the day, we were taken to the train station for the overnight sleeper to Luxor. Dinner was brought to our room and our beds were made up. We slept really well until 4:30 when we were awakened. Breakfast was served and we arrived in Luxor at 5:30. Again, we were met by a guide who took us to the Cruise ship on the Nile. I will talk more about Luxor next time. It was absolutely breath taking.

Sent from my BlackBerry® PlayBook™
www.blackberry.com



Sent from my BlackBerry® PlayBook™
www.blackberry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment