Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Domestic Wednesday

Nathalie of Imperfectly Frugally  challenged (invited) me to partake in Domestic Monday. Of course I couldn't do it Monday because my Sweetie and I left here at 4:30 A.M. for Toronto General Hospital for some tests and a visit with the vascular surgeon. We got back late in the afternoon and I promptly went to bed to catch up on my beauty sleep. Nothing was accomplished that day. The results of the appointment were disappointing in one way. Surgery will not correct the problem. But the good news is that my Sweetie has 100% blood flow to his legs, so physio will help him, and therefore things may improve with less pain and more stamina. Yesterday (Tuesday) I had to buckle down and get two birthday cards made and in the mail. I have been remiss the past two months in getting my birthday cards out in time. 

So today was the day to try and get some housework done. Here is what I accomplished.
  • Vacuumed the living room, dining room, kitchen and front room.
  • Unloaded the dishwasher of last night's dishes and loaded it up again
  • Washed the inside and outside of micro wave oven and the outside of the electric kettle.
  • Washed the "ick"  from the inside rim of the dishwasher door with old toothbrush
  • Washed the counters, cooktop and kitchen sink
  • Folded a load of laundry from last night's dryer
  • Made a stir fry for dinner using the leftover pork loin from yesterday

Doesn't sound like I accomplished too much on the "domestic" front. But on the renovation side of things, I helped my son cover the furniture with drop cloths and did the fine sanding of gyproc waiting to be primed. I also helped my Sweetie hang a new bedroom door. The new hinges had to be moved and the strike plate needed to be repositioned on the frame. Now I will need to patch the old holes with plastic wood, sand and prime. Because the doorway is not a standard size, the door needed to be planed on both the bottom edge and one side. The wet dry vac had to be emptied and the filter cleaned before I could vacuum up all the sawdust and gyproc dust from the day's work. I think I earned my keep. What do you think Nathalie? 




3 comments:

  1. I think you win the title of Domestic Goddess, Susan! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a stretch. Ha. Well, that's all I got. And I have to do this again on Monday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it never ends, does it? Argh. I hate housework so much!

      Delete