Thursday, March 3, 2016

In my suitcase so far....

On our day excursions to the archaeological digs, capris are recommended. They are not form fitting and they cover the knees. Jeans may be too hot in the desert sun (although I will have the pair that I will travel in. I also own some capris already, so I may bring one of those pairs as well. I will definitely bring a small amount of  laundry powder to wash out some pieces, if there is no laundry services. We will be in Egypt for 16 days. 
Capris that I bought from Value Village


Long skirts mid-calf....just the black tulip skirt. I think I have already decided against the brown one. 
The black skirt is longer and more "formal" looking. The brown one will take too much space to pack. I bought both of these at the Thrift store. The black one I can wear out to dinner  on board the cruise, or shopping at the markets in Cairo, or into the mosques with a pair of footless tights or leggings. If I have room, I may bring the brown one as most of  the tops I am packing, will also go with the brown skirt. 

Light coloured 100% cotton camp shirts with elbow length or 3/4 length sleeves for casual wear.
Casual 3/4 sleeve top of cotton and polyester blend and a long sleeved 100% cotton Tee.
In my purse I could throw in the long sleeved T shirt and black footless tights that I bought in WalMart, in case I need to put them on under my clothes to be completely covered when entering a Mosque. If I don't need them in Egypt, I will certainly wear them in a typical Canadian winter. 


I bought black rubber sandals for the shower, water's edge and to act as my indoor slippers. I will also pack black flats, black leather sandals, and black trainers. In the back are black footed tights and a pair of black leggings to go under  skirts. I think now I will only pack one pair of tights. 
Long palazzo pants with chiffon overlay  (formal attire)

I could wear this one or two nights for dinner on the 4-night cruise ship on the Nile.
 


2 long-sleeved tunic tops to wear with black skirt.
I bought both of these tops from Value Village. I love them both. They will pair nicely with the black skirt for a  dressier look. 

Two sleeveless shirts can be worn with long sleeve cover ups with the palazzos. 
The black cover up is a light knit sweater which is recommended in case the evenings are cool. The plum print is a tank top, which matches the palazzos, covered with the same white tunic. I could also wear the tank top with PJ pants to sleep in. I will also be bringing one white and one black cotton tank top to wear under  my shirts if I need more modesty (and also for sleeping)

Scarves.

The first one is brown with plum paisley print. The second is my swimsuit sarong, and the third one is a beautiful red silk scarf on loan from a friend of mine for this trip  I am bringing my swimsuit in case the resort in Luxor has a pool, or if we travel to a beach area.  

I will be bringing socks to wear inside my trainers, a camera with extra batteries, a dual voltage adapter and the rest of my luggage will be what my Sweetie calls my lotions and potions. I only want to bring one pullman and one carry-on. I think I can do it. If something has to go, it will be the palazzo pants and plum tank top. I can change up my wardrobe with those scarves. 

So there you have it. This is my Egyptian wardrobe. Besides that, I hear they sell some beautiful things there, if I NEED to buy something. 


 

2 comments:

  1. Well you said you'd been shopping... and you ain't joking! hahaha. Everything looks so good and you got it all second-hand, which is remarkable! You're going to look so stylish on your cruise down the Nile! I'm picturing you next to Hercule Poirot for some reason, hahaha. Don't forget to pack undies and bras too.

    Sounds like you've thought of everything. Are your probiotics and other health items under "potions and lotions"? I love that expression from your hubby.

    Do you think you'll be able to go online at one of the hotels and post a quick "I'm in xx and I'm fine" update?

    Knowing your preparations from previous trips you've taken, I'm assuming that next on your list are several days of cooking so your Sweetie and house guests don't starve while you're gone. It'll keep you busy in those last days when one can't wait to leave but the days stretch interminably :)

    Has your traveling companion ever been to Egypt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my lotions and potions include my medicines and first aid items, sun screen, bug repellent, toiletries, moisturizers and make-up. I also need a sun hat and sun glasses. I am hoping we will have occasions to use my Blackberry for emailing.
    And yes, my Dad's wife "D" has been to Egypt once already with my Dad several years ago. She loved it then and is definitely looking forward to this trip as well.

    ReplyDelete