Tuesday, March 29, 2016

I am back safe and sound

I am back. I hadn't planned on writing first thing this morning but I will write this short post to assure you that all is well. Having being alerted to the hijacking of an Egyptair aircraft yesterday (the day that coincidentally we were also flying home on an Egyptair airliner), I have decided that I must at least let everyone know that it wasn't OUR plane. We arrived in Toronto Pearson airport yesterday morning and I took the Megabus to Kingston from 11:40 AM to 3:15 PM. My Sweetie Pie bought us pizza and I was in bed sleeping by 8 PM (2 AM Cairo time), so I was just plain worn out and exhausted. So I didn't get any news until I woke up this morning. Access to the internet was very sporadic while we were travelling, so I was unable to send posts to Blogger as I had hoped, so over the next few days I will try to send out some photos and stories of our adventures. In the meantime, know that we felt very safe while we were there. We felt pampered like Egyptian goddesses. The Egyptians are very friendly and were always concerned that we felt both safe and happy and that we were having a wonderful time during our stay.

The Temple of Philae in Aswan

2 comments: