Wednesday, March 9, 2016

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to post blogs from my Blackberry and have wasted several hours trying. I don't think it can be done. I have tried to go through Bing, Google and Yahoo, but it won't let me sign in. I see where other users have asked in the on-line foums if it can be done. It doesn't appear to have an answer. I might try tomorrow to see how I am able to communicate while I am away. Right now I am beyond frustrated. 

I baked a second batch of dog biscuits yesterday and I repacked everything in the two bags I am taking....one pullman and one carry on. We may not see our pullman until we board the ship, so I have to pack my carry on accordingly. 
Doggie biscuits













This morning I dyed my hair and did a load of laundry.  I also baked cookies. I ran out of chocolate chips, so I baked Hootycreek biscuits with white chocolate chips, walnuts and dried cranberries. I also found a roll of refrigerator cookies in the freezer (from Xmas) called peanut butter chocolate pinwheels. I sliced up the roll and baked those up as well. 
Peanut butter chocolate pin wheels


White chocolate and cranberry hootycreek biscuits

I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon and a couple of stores to visit for two of my most important items to take to Egypt with me....... a pair of polarized sunglasses and  some 60 SPF sunscreen. I have the rest of my lotions and potions packed, but am considering removing some of them because of the weight. Ha. ha. I will check with "D" to see if we are duplicating any items. 

My son and his GF look after their own meals, so I have done little in the line of cooking to prepare for my departure. I have a small container of chili con carne, a cooked pork loin, and mince and gravy. Otherwise my Sweetie can look after himself. We have sausages, hot dogs, Kraft dinner, and lots of canned goods. He won't starve. 

Only two more sleeps. I am getting excited. 

3 comments:

  1. You're only "getting excited" now? LIAR! You've been shopping for days! Admit it: you just can't wait to leave us all here and go adventuring!

    Susan, about your problem with posting with your Blackberry. You can post via email. If you can send emails from your Blackberry, then you can post. The only thing is that I don't know if it'll allow you to post pictures too but you can try. Here's what you need to do:
    1) go in your Blogger dashboard and select your blog
    2) on the left side (where you see "Overview", "Posts", etc...), scroll down to "Settings" and click on that. It will open up submenus under it.
    3) Click on "email"
    4) Your first option is going to be "post using email". You will see a partially filled address with "SecretWords" in a field in the middle. You need to replace that with your own Secret Words (don't forget them!). The whole strand is going to be the email address to use to post so add it in your Blackberry's Email App Contact List under "Susan's Blog" or something that you'll find easily.
    5) Before you leave that page on Blogger, make sure you select either "Publish Emails Immediately" or "Save emails as draft post". Since you won't have access to a computer, it sounds like, I'd advise to "Publish emails immediately". We'll be very forgiving with typos and mistakes, I swear!
    6) Make sure to hit "Save Settings" in the top right corner.

    Now you should be ready to post via email. Try it and let me know if it works (well, I guess I'll see if it works in my Feedly, won't I?!) See if it'll let you attach pictures too, I'm not too sure how it would work on a Blackberry (are you like the last person on Earth to use one of those?! ha!)

    Look at all the goodies you've baked. Do you reckon it will last them longer than a couple of days after you've left, though? They all look so yummy!

    Don't stress! Greg and I are stressing for you so just relax! I'm going to be scrutinizing the news out of Egypt to see if they talk about a shoulder-length haired Canadian woman who wears lovely thrifted outfits and pulls a heavy suitcase filled with bottles of all kinds of lotions. And honestly... I hope I won't see any mention of you on the news at all! When are you flying back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I should have specified that, to actually post using email, you would compose an email with your Blackberry, addressed to that email address that you created with the secret words in the middle, attach your pictures (not sure if you can insert them in the email instead of just attaching them, it all depends on how Blackberry configurated the email app/function) and as soon as you send the message, it should show up as a post in your blog (assuming that you chose the "Publish emails immediately" option). HTH!

      Delete
    2. You are TOO funny. I read your last paragraph to my Sweetie about you scrutinizing the news out of Egypt. You're a hoot.

      Thank you, thank you, thank you for guiding me through Blogger so that I can use my BlackBerry for keeping everyone informed while I am globe trotting. When it comes to computers, I am not the sharpest tool in the shed. But I did it with your help. I had all but given up.

      Hey! What do you mean "Am I the last person on earth who uses one of those?" I LOVE my Blackberry. Several people in our family have these for doing face-time....much better than Skype. IMO. Thanks again Nathalie.

      Delete