Friday, March 11, 2016

Spending overnight in Toronto

I took the airport shuttle from Kingston to the front door of the hotel where we will be spending the night. The one way fare cost me 50 dollars, which is an incredible bargain.....no driving through the crazy rush hour traffic, and right to the door delivery.  My Sweetie couldn't drive here and back for less than 50 dollars. 

I never realized that our room was a housekeeping unit. I would have brought my dinner with me to heat up. I don't know if there is a grocery store close by, or I would pick up a couple of things to cook or make a sandwich. "D" hasn't arrived yet. She may not get here until after 10 o'clock, so I have gone ahead and ordered from Boston pizza for delivery. I am having an individual pizza with a tossed salad for $25., which negates all the savings from the shuttle drive. But I was starving when I got here, and I didn't feel like wondering around a strange neighborhood. Also, I didn't bring a jacket with me to save me having to pack one. 

Tonight I will watch some TV while waiting for "D" to arrive. Since we will be on the Nile cruise almost immediately upon arrival, We may not have WiFi until around March 18th. I will write when I can.

Sent from my BlackBerry® PlayBook™
www.blackberry.com

1 comment:

  1. You're officially on vacation so we can forgive you the pizza splurge, lol. I wouldn't want to wander around the neighborhood without a jacket either. I WOULD have been nice to know you had a kitchen in the room, though. I hate it when hotels don't mention that. When we went to Tallahassee last May the room description didn't mention that we had a microwave. I would have brought food from home too if I had known.

    Enjoy your pizza, TV watching and have a safe flight! I hope your cruise on the Nile turns out to be as nice as it sounds :)

    ReplyDelete