Monday, March 7, 2016

Domestic Monday....Again?

Sheesh! You mean I have to clean all over again? I am not sure I am liking this. At least I have a project to work towards, before I get sidelined again. That is what generally happens here. I am putting out fires or I am flitting from job to job. It feels like I never get anything crossed off my list, even though I feel like I am working hard.

So while my kettle boils in the morning, I generally put away last night's dishes from the dishwasher. After breakfast this morning, I took everything off my counters and scrubbed them down, putting dirty dishes back into the dishwasher as I went.




I made Easter cards over the weekend, so I needed to find the last roll of postage stamps that I bought, so they will be ready to mail out before I leave this Friday. I couldn't find the stamps that were supposed to be in the mess we call the top drawer of the desk, so I proceeded to empty everything in it. I found the stamps about half-way through, but I kept going until I had purged all the non-essential items from the drawer. There was a huge stack of papers and documents that needed to be shredded, so I sat there and ran them through the shredder.

I went back to the kitchen to make a batch of my Miracle Clean. My spray bottle in the kitchen was nearly out after cleaning the glass cook top and counters this morning. Also the bottle in my laundry room has mysteriously disappeared. I refilled four spray bottles with my new cleaner. When I took a new spray bottle of cleaner up to the laundry room, I decided to throw a huge load of towels in the washer. I will throw them in the dryer after 7 o'clock tonight. I also emptied the waste baskets upstairs and brought all the trash downstairs to the garbage cans outside.

Back in the kitchen, I decided to make the first of two batches of dog biscuits. While they were baking in the oven, I made more Seasoning Salt which I had run out of. I took some frozen hamburger out of the freezer to "make something" for dinner tonight.

I decided to make two more Easter cards and print out some verses and sentiments for the insides of the cards from my printer. That way, I will only need to sign my name. I usually write each of the kids a personal note inside, but not this time. I will probably address them tonight while watching the television. I also made a list of things I need to accomplish this week in preparation for the trip. (dye my hair, last minute things to pack, scan and print my travel documents, etc.) The chocolate chip cookies I made on Friday are gone already. My Sweetie was looking for some after lunch. I would like to make some more sometime this week, if I have time.

My son and I went into the attic to move things around to make more room, and then carried in more bins of items for storage. That is a big job done. There will be more I'm sure before we are finished.

I cleaned out the litter box downstairs AGAIN. My son is responsible for the one upstairs. I will leave you a picture of Brucie (short for Bruce Willis) lying on a table in the sun and using the cat tower as a headrest. I will show Nathalie that our cats are just as cute and adorable as hers. Notice we still have snow.
Little Brucie enjoying the warm rays while giving me the evil eye. 

3 comments:

  1. Damn it, Susan, you stole my post introduction for today, eh eh he.

    You were wonderfully domestic today and you did Monday proud! Wow, emptying out the messy drawer AFTER you had found what you were looking for? And shredding all those old papers? That's dedication!

    I can't believe that after all you did, you found the energy to make those cute cards! Well, maybe making cards for you is like eating chocolate for me (enjoyable and not all that taxing) but I'd be pooped just trying to think about making cards so I'm in awe of you :)

    Brucie (I love that his real name if Bruce Willis, lol!) is indeed adorable. He looks very cozy like this, lol. What is it with cats laying in the sunshine, though? It'd be like us going to the beach wearing fut coats. Isn't that weird?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brucie loves to seek warmth. He lies directly on top of our forced air ducts while the furnace is running. And he loves to lie under the covers next to us in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan, I love your Easter cards. They are lovely I'm sure you will have a lot of happy friends and family.

    You sound like you are great at multi tasking, I try to multi task but then forget about the original thing that I had started to do. Oh no, perhaps I'm a man in disguise. Ha ha xx

    ReplyDelete