Monday, June 4, 2018

Daybook: Monday, June 4/18

Outside my window.....it is a wet, foggy and cool Monday morning.  It started to pour rain late yesterday afternoon and throughout the night.

I am thinking.....of all the work that was accomplished yesterday afternoon before the rains. My friend arrived with  one of his adult sons to help me load the dumpster. My friend actually did not do much of the demolition. I sent him with my van and some cash to go pick up the materials he wanted to finish the step for the front deck. While he was out, he ran into a lot of his contractor friends who wanted to talk and visit with him. He came back energized and I think it did him a world of good.

I am thankful for.....all the help I received from "the hard-working son" who is young and capable and knows a lot about construction and demolition. He is a police officer in Ottawa who came down this weekend to be with his father and instead ended up at my house helping ME out. He told me he had a lot of stress to get out and this was HIS therapy. I only hope I was a help to him.

From the kitchen.....I was able to shred and saute a head of cabbage yesterday morning, and then I roasted 4 chicken legs before dinner.

I am wearing.....black jeans, black socks, and a "working"  t-shirt.  If it clears up, I will do some more outdoor work.

I am creating.....more encouragement  cards and a Father's Day card.  I have five birthday cards to mail out this month.

I am going.....nowhere today.

I am hoping.....for a successful brain surgery for my friend in the next couple of weeks. I am hoping for good blood results for my DIL so they can proceed with the second round of chemo. I am hoping that my son will be able to come out sometime this week to give me a hand with going through the shed and throwing things in the dumpster or deciding what we may be able to sell.  I am hoping I can find a realtor who will advise me on the sale of my house.

I am hearing.....a lot of traffic. Because of construction, or sheer volume of traffic on the 401 highway, this highway #2  is becoming busier all the time. I am also hearing birds close by and my kettle boiling to remind me that I am fixing a cup of tea. BRB.

Around the house.....I managed to vacuum the downstairs floors around the boxes and bins of STUFF going into a yard sale. I caught up all the laundry on Saturday (washed, hung on the line, folded and put away). I made up more weed killer to use this week.

One of my favourite things.....again, is Facebook Messenger that keeps me in touch with family.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include a Doctor's appointment this Wednesday. This is one I missed last month and had to be rescheduled. Otherwise, I will only be concentrating on loading up the dumpster before it has to be picked up by Thursday. There are still items in the basement, as well as the shed,  that need to be cleared out. I need to investigate the cost of taking down a tree branch  and clearing out one section of my property that is overgrown with downed trees and tall weeds. UGH!

Here's the picture I am sharing.....




2 comments:

  1. You are having quite a change from the recent hot weather! Glad you were able to get a lot accomplished before it started to rain, your friend was able to meet up with some friends, and his son was able to help out and work some of that stress out of his system at the same time!

    It sounds like you got a lot of things accomplished, Susan, and you are going to have a busy week ahead of you! Just continue to take it one day at a time and best wishes for a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we did get a lot accomplished on Sunday. Yesterday was raining off and on throughout the day, and I was working on my own, so I went down into the basement and removed all that old wood I left down there late in the Fall. Today, I hope to tackle the attic.

    ReplyDelete