Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Daybook: Tuesday, June 19/18

I've lost a day this week already. After coming home from the cottage at Charleston Lake late yesterday morning, I forgot that it was Monday. It was hot, muggy, and rained off and on....a good day to stay indoors and do some crafting. And that is what I did. I planned to straighten up this week after the yard sale on Saturday and that still needs to be done, but yesterday and today has been all about catching up.

Outside my window.....it is a gorgeous day. It is sunny, warm but breezy, and not nearly as  humid as it was yesterday.  My lawn needs to be mowed again and my flower gardens need weeding. It never ends.

I am thinking..... of my successful yard sale from this past weekend, and so so glad that it is over.  I am happy for getting rid of a lot of things and made myself $100 doing it.

I am thankful for.....my friend who came out Friday and stayed overnight to help me get ready for the sale. She stayed with me all day and helped me to bring everything that didn't sell back into the house. We put all the tables back where they belonged and cleaned up the driveway so that it never looked like there had been a sale. I couldn't have done it without her help. I am so very fortunate. I am also thankful for the invitation to spend a quiet weekend at Charleston Lake. It was heavenly.

From the kitchen.....there hasn't been very much cooking going on, and certainly no baking at all. Last night I roasted 6 chicken thighs and a huge vegetable casserole with grated Monterrey Jack with jalapenos. I ate half the casserole last night with 2 thighs. Tonight's dinner will be the same, and there are 2 thighs left over to use in a stir fry tomorrow night. I have been cooking once and eating twice.

I am wearing.....royal blue capris with my printed sparkly tee-shirt I bought while in Elliot Lake. It also has royal blue in the swirly pattern. I am not wearing any shoes or socks in the house.

I am creating.....more cards this week. I made some encouragement cards yesterday and I need to make more birthday cards sometime this week. July is full of birthdays.

I am going.....nowhere else today. Earlier this afternoon, I walked over to the Post Office  to drop off 3 encouragement cards and I picked up mail from my P.O. box. (just flyers and adverts)

I am hoping.....I can get both some indoor housecleaning done this week, as well as some outdoor mowing and weeding during the cooler hours of the day.

I am hearing.....traffic from the end of the work day over the sound of my window fan that is beside me at the computer desk.

Around the house.....I washed my stove top and the counters in the kitchen. I washed the acrylic stamps I have used in the past couple of weeks. I watered my hanging baskets and I took the kitchen compost out to the garden composter. I washed two loads of laundry in cold water and hung outside on the umbrella clothes line (except for my bed sheets, which I will put in the dryer after 7 PM.) I have been catching up on emails and blog posts since Thursday. I was far too busy with getting ready for my yard sale, and leaving town for a bit of a staycation, to check on-line.

One of my favourite things.....is an avocado. I have recently discovered that one of my favourite grocery stores (No Frills), has imperfect avocados for sale. I used to buy their 3 lb. bags of imperfect apples and I presently buy their 2 KG frozen bags of imperfect blueberries. They are offered at a much reduced price and keeps "imperfect" fruits and veggies out of the landfill. I need to keep my eyes open for more offerings like these. Because they are not all of uniform size and they may have a few more lumps and bumps, it does not affect their taste or quality.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include the aforementioned yard work, house work, and card-making.  I have been invited to a retirement party this Friday afternoon for someone I used to work with at the library.

Here's the picture I am sharing.....
 Primrose and Coral Bells are in full bloom.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to get away after your yard sale and have a nice, relaxed rest of the weekend, away.

    Your flowers are absolutely beautiful! I love that combination of the yellow and pink flowers, with what looks like some Johnny-jump-ups in the lower corner of the photo!

    Hope you have a good rest of the week, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnny-jump-ups grow everywhere throughout the gardens, paths and even the lawn. I have even found them growing in my planters. I love their little funny faces. In most cases, I pull a lot of flowers to try and contain their spread to just where I want them, but not these little guys. I let them bloom where they want to grow.

    ReplyDelete