Monday, April 15, 2019

Daybook :Monday, April 15/19

Outside my window.....the wet rainy weather is continuing from yesterday, though much colder. At least it isn't snow or freezing rain, right? We had lightening and thunder accompany some of the storms last night.

I am thinking.....of how my blood sugar has risen from 5.9 to 6.1 in the last several months and wondering how it is possible having been on this diet faithfully every day. I don't see my GP until May 2nd, so I may as well not fret about it right now; but,  I am very disappointed.

I am thankful for.....being able to sleep very well every night. Some others suffer from sleep issues.

From the kitchen.....I was able to bake a keto loaf on the weekend, as well as shred and saute a head of cabbage yesterday. I meant to make another batch of yoghurt the last two mornings, but time ran out on me. I made a pan of chili last night which will also do for dinner tonight.

I am wearing.....black jeans, black socks and a loose  purple and white polka dot top.

I am creating.....a Welcome Baby card and lots more spring time cards which I attached sentiments and notes to this morning before addressing the envelopes and walking to the post office.

I am going.....nowhere else today.

I am hoping..... to get outdoors in the yard and gardens tomorrow. It is supposed to clear up under sunny skies and reach 13 C (55*F)

I am hearing.....the blower on my furnace. I don't usually turn off the furnace until the first of May, if it is warm enough.

Around the house.....I have some more started projects that I would like to clean up quickly.

One of my favourite things.....is an afternoon nap, which I am tempted to take today. I don't understand WHY I feel so dragged out. (I slept until after 8 this morning). Maybe it is the rain.

A few goals for this week.....

  • make masculine birthday cards and mail out two this week 
  • take my tax information to my brother's this Easter weekend
  • put 2nd and 3rd coats of mud on sections in the kitchen, sand and prime
  • wash living room window, inside and out.
  • call and make appointment to have my winter tires changed at the end of this month.
  • cut two sections of 1"x4" pine board and fit into missing section of spare room baseboard
  • do some yard work on the first nice day with picking up trash, picking up tree branches, and removing dead perennial vegetation from the flower beds
  • daytime moisturiser with SPF
  • long wearing lipstick
  • moisturiser at night
Here's the photo I am sharing.....
Against the foundation is Glory-of-the-snow, which is another spring flowering bulb like the crocus. In front of that, just coming up through the mulch, is a clump of blue flax. 


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good start to another busy week! I am sure the fluctuations in blood sugar isn't something to worry about. Like you said, wait until you meet with the doctor and see what she has to say. How exciting to see the spring flowers starting to bloom in your garden! Seeing your mulch reminds me that I need to get several bags of mulch for my own garden, as we start to warm up! It is needed to retain the moisture in the soil even more than for weed control!

    I hope you enjoy your afternoon nap! In fact, I am thinking a nap would be a good thing at this end, too! :D Hope you have a lovely day and a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is exciting to see new growth coming up in the flower beds and being able to recognise the flowers they will become. But with all the rain and slightly warmer temperatures, I also recognise some weeds like crouch grass and dandelion growing where I do not want them. Hopefully, I can remove some of those today.

    Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to have an afternoon nap. It will have to wait another day.

    ReplyDelete