Monday, April 1, 2019

March Goals Update

Looking back at my mile-long to-do list for the month of March, I didn't expect to be very successful. I surprised myself. The momentum of those first few days helped me to get some things accomplished. I even vacuumed and washed the downstairs floors, which was not on this month's goals, but hooray for me. The end of the month was not a total wipe-out because I decided to come here to my daughter's house to help her out. It is where I wanted to be all along, so I guess we both benefited. She has been able to rest and recuperate and have more energy to get things done, while I try to help out with some housework and entertaining the grands.

House:

  • Use my Home Depot gift card to buy some cheap pine lumber to trim out walls, doors or windows.     Done
  • Paint those pieces of trim with white primer     Done
  • Buy more caulking or wood filler as needed. Use gyproc compound where needed. 
  • If I can get into the shed by the end of the month, look for mitre box and saw.
  • Purge 30 items. That is only one a day.     Didn't even begin

Garden:

  • Buy potting soil     Done
  • Repot my aloe plants     Done
  • Try starting  plants from seed     No

Spending:

  • Print out and follow my budget sheet for March     Done
  • I have removed $360 cash from the bank for household expenses and gas.  Keep track of all expenditures in my daily journal.     Done
  • Get my taxes done.      No

Savings:

  • Put money into savings account and gift accounts     Done
  • I won $28 in scratch tickets for my birthday, which I have put into my piggy bank of "found money".     Done
  •  I was asked to make feminine birthday cards for my niece for which she is paying me.     Done 

Family and Friends:

  • Continue to send out at least 3 "Thinking of You" cards a week to friends or family members 
  • Send out birthday cards in a timely fashion     I didn't quite keep up. One birthday card was mailed out late. However, I did send out lots of kid's cards. 

Health:

  • Keep the appointment with my psychiatrist this week     Done
  • Get blood work done at the end of this month and then make appointment with my GP early in April     Haven't done this yet but will when I return.
  • Spend one hour each week on self care and moisturise every night    No
  • Lipstick every day and makeup before leaving the house    No   A dismal failure.

Crafts and Leisure:

  • Make at least 25 cards this month   Yes, yes, yes.
  • Make a baby card and birthday cards for my niece     Not yet.
  • Work on the scrapbook....at least another 14 pages     No..a big fat zero
  • Work on the embroidered pillow cases     Finished one and still working on second
  • Work on Easter or Springtime cards for the middle of next month     Done
  • Start a macrame project for an upcoming gift     No





4 comments:

  1. Life has its up and downs and sometimes it requires adjusting our plans. be grateful for whatever happened. Life moves on in spite of our aims!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right. I can set some goals to aim towards; but when life happens, it tends to dictate the direction our plans take us. Our lives are meant to be enjoyed and cherished with fun and fond memories, so we need to grab hold when we can.

      Delete
  2. I think you did really well given all that is going on, Susan. The important thing is, you are where you wanted and needed to be, with your daughter, helping her out, being there for her, and being with your grand kids (even if they think your meals are weird!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was prepared to make arrangements to go back home tomorrow, until my daughter asked me if I would stay until this Friday. I don't want to feel like I am putting extra stress on the family's time or finances. I knew I was needed today (Tuesday) but figured I would just be in the way if I outstayed my welcome. I guess that isn't the case since she has asked me to stay.

    ReplyDelete