Sunday, April 7, 2019

My Mile Long To-Do List For April

I have a feeling that my time will be split between working outdoors during the warmer drier days and still quite a bit of time indoors. It will be too early to do any planting, but there is some tidying up to do with fallen branches and garbage that has blown into the yard from the winter storms.  I will be able to clear away the dead vegetation  and prune back more shrubs that I didn't get to in the Fall. I will be hanging my laundry out on the line at every opportunity. Inside, I am hoping to get a good start on my Spring cleaning, and using some spare time to continue with my crafting.

Environment:
House- Spring cleaning chores will be the priority. In April, I need to wash both the inside and outside of my living-room and kitchen windows, which I did not finish in the autumn. I will purge my dressers and closets, while swapping out my colder weather clothing for my summer clothes.  I want to attach the primed pieces of trim to areas around my windows that I will make more energy efficient with foam insulation and caulking. I want to wash the walls in my kitchen, and then PAINT.

Garden- Clean the yard of fallen twigs and branches. Start early with my homemade weed killer on my back patio, brick walkway, and the driveway. Clear the garden beds of dead vegetation and prune back the woody stems of my perennials. Make an appointment to have my winter tires on my van changed sometime after Easter. Have the oil changed at the same time. Watch for sales for bags of garden soil and compost.

Finances
Spending- Print out a new budget for  April. Keep record of all spending on my envelope in which I keep all my receipts. Cash only spending for household and gas expenditures.

Saving- Transfer money into savings and emergency fund. (This is a tiny amount, but doable)  Transfer GST into savings for my gift budget. IF there is money left over at the end of the month, make an extra payment towards cc.

Family and Friends 
I lost a family member to that dreaded cancer last week. I had been sending her cards every other week for the past year. I will continue to send at least three cards out every week, but I will include birthdays, "Thinking of You",seasonal cards and cards that I mail out to my grand kids. I will be attending Easter dinner with my brother and his family in Smith Falls and I need to plan another trip to Elliot Lake to visit with family members. It will be at the end of April or beginning of May.

Health
Go for lab work this week and make an appointment with my GP. Continue with my low carb diet. Start wearing moisturiser with SPF every morning, as well as night time moisturising. Get my hair trimmed and my eyebrows waxed.

Crafts and Leisure

I will continue my resolve to put in at least 6 hours of crafting a week. I will make another 25 cards this month. I will finish the second satin pillow case.


2 comments:

  1. That is a great list you have there, Susan! Spring cleaning and yard work! You are going to be busy, but in a good way!

    I'm so sorry about the death in the family. Every time I hear of someone else dying of cancer, I feel like I am living on borrowed time and I had better make the best use of it!

    Here's to a productive April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to be busy Bless, but it all depends on me getting on with the challenge. I am hoping the sunny days inspire me to get outdoors, and the warmer days promise a reward of sunnier days in the garden. Ha, ha.

    When a friend's husband got cancer, I started a card campaign. He was soon joined by my own DIL out in Vancouver, and then my husband's cousin. My DIL is now cancer free, but when my friend's husband passed just before Christmas, I decided to extend my card campaign to friends and family. I want them to know how much their relationship means to me while they are still here. I still send cards to my mother even though she doesn't remember who I am and isn't able to process the words on the page. I know she still likes to get pretty cards in the mail. Doesn't everyone? So if I can send a smile or tell someone I love them, I plan to keep it up as long as possible. I consider that to be a more important use of my time than keeping a cleaner kitchen (which will likely never happen). I hope I am right.

    ReplyDelete