Sunday, April 14, 2019

Week End Goals


On Monday I published this list of goals for the week....
  • a trip to the lab to have blood work done     Done
  • call my GP to make a follow-up appointment     for May 2nd
  • call the Breast Screening clinic for my mammogram appointment     For May 29th
  • a shopping trip for tinned tomato sauce, cheddar cheese and Stevia sweetener     I have spent $109.80 on food so far this month. 
  • order a baking element for my oven at the appliance repair shop     Bought and installed
  • make at least 10 cards this week     Most were additional Easter cards and one Baby card
  • mail out the long distance Easter cards immediately     Done. More will be mailed tomorrow
  • set a timer and do at least two  15 minute declutter jobs this week in the Craft room     No
  • wash big kitchen window, inside and out.     Done
  • if outdoors, pick up branches from the yard and put on the compost pile. Gather garbage from the yard in a green garbage bag for pickup     Didn't get outside
  • start every morning with SPF moisturiser and long wearing lipstick     3 out of 7 mornings
  • moisturise every night     No
I think I did very well this week. I did not finish my weekly list, but I did far more than I planned to do on my general monthly goals list, by attacking some home repair/maintenance jobs. On Friday I applied the first coat of mud on the walls, and because I need to buy replacement blades for my roto zip, I am unable at this time to trim out my kitchen window. I instead added a length of 4" pine board to the bottom of a living room wall that is missing its base board. My work may not be pretty, but it is functional. I also used up the other tube of caulking I bought on Thursday. 
Tomorrow I will sand any uneven edges and apply  a second coat of mud.

My niece finally delivered a baby boy (8 lbs. 8 oz.) yesterday morning (Saturday), after going into labour on Thursday morning. It was a long labour but mother and baby are doing fine.  

4 comments:

  1. You did very well on your weekly goals! I wouldn't even know where to begin on some of those tasks you accomplished!

    Congratulations on the birth of your niece's son! Glad to hear that both mother and baby are doing fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am well pleased with what I accomplished last week. I am kind of disappointed that the momentum has not stayed with me, but I may need to concentrate more on the projects I can finish right away with the resources I have and not worry about the others until such a time that I have a little more money for material.

      Delete
  2. You certainly got a lot of things done on your weekly goals! I figure that I get more done if I have a list instead I flit from one thing to another.

    Congratulation on the new baby boy in the family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A list certainly helps get the work started, and then it sometimes takes me in a different direction. As long as I am accomplishing projects that fall under the bigger picture, it doesn't matter if I go off course a little.

    It is exciting to see all these babies come into the family. I found out that another niece of mine is expecting later this summer.

    ReplyDelete