Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Lovely Spring Weather

I started my day indoors by.....

  • unloading the dishwasher
  • watering my indoor plants downstairs
  • making a batch of homemade yoghurt
  • placing the remainder of a turkey carcass into the crock pot to make broth
  • applying the second coat of drywall mud to areas on my kitchen walls
  • washing my living room window, inside and out, including all the vinyl casings
  • renewing my CAA membership
  • warming up a couple of bowls of homemade pea soup from the freezer
After lunch I ventured outside to clean up the front and back yards of garbage and recyclables left behind by the winter winds and snow. I filled a huge green garbage bag with trash and a rubber bin with pieces of shingles and wood and plastic that cannot go into the trash. I wanted to do more cleaning up with a bow rake, but my left hip began to bother me, so I came inside for a hot shower and decided to take it easier for the rest of the day. I will hope for another day tomorrow like this one we had today. I will start by hanging up a load of laundry that I plan on washing tonight after 7 PM.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have lovely weather and feel like doing some more outdoors. Tomorrow I have nothing scheduled and plan on washing my car and doing a little yard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We DID get another lovely spring day and yes I was outdoors for at least another hour and a half this afternoon. I think I got a lot cleaned up. I'm feeling a little stiff now. It is going to take a while to build up my stamina again.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Susan, you were so productive! I hope your hip is OK after resting. Please pass the energy bottle my way! I didn't feel like doing anything, today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the sunshine that is motivating me these days.....that and the warmer temperatures. I was outside without a jacket today, and I was doing a little heavy lifting. I will hope for more days like today.

      Delete