Friday, June 17, 2016

Best laid plans......

So I had my own agenda today, but so did my Sweetie. He decided that he was going to clean out the basement so I ended up helping him sort through some bins and collected quite a bit of stuff  (mostly Hallowe'en decorations) for the upcoming yard sale. I also have a collection of empty Rubbermaid bins now which I will use in my garden. Yippee .

Other than that, doing one load of laundry and washing a load of dishes, that is ALL I accomplished today. I was hoping to go into town to do some shopping, but another day in June has gone by without my having bought any groceries (apart from bread and milk from Shopper's Drug Mart). I am going in tomorrow morning to help another friend prepare for a wedding shower on Sunday. That is the opportunity I will use to pick up a few things. I need more vinegar to make more homemade weed killer for Monday.  The weeds are taking control of my yard and I am now having nightmares. I am also putting down "vacuuming" on my To-Do list for tomorrow afternoon. I will report back here tomorrow with my list of successes.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you didn't get to do what you wanted but you made progress in your decluttering, gained things to sell at your garage sale and will be able to repurpose other things. Woohoo!

    I hope you have a good day today! I should be weeding but it's too hot. I do need to refill my self-watering bins but I think I'll wait until about 6 p.m. when it's cooler and not as humid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! It is HOT here too. Mind you, that is comparatively speaking. It is not as hot and humid as you have it, but for us Canucks, it is HOT. I don't feel like vacuuming today. I will find something else to while away my time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel like vacuuming either so I'll follow your lead :)

      Delete