Monday, June 20, 2016

Hot and cranky


My Father's Day cards that I made

My Dad may not have arrived home yet. He left my sister's place in Guelph this morning where he spent the weekend after leaving the time share in Collingwood. But by the time he sees this post, he will already have opened his mail. So I am posting a photo of the two cards I made. His is the first one with the shirt and tie. The second one is for my mother's partner, who would have received his last week. 


This small banner is one of the few decorations I made with my Cricut die-cutter, some stick on letters and some ribbon. We placed this on the back of the chair for Katie at her shower. 
Chalkboard welcome sign for the shower.

The bridal shower this weekend turned out to be a lot of fun and a wonderful diversion from the work waiting for me at home. I did have plans to do some work today on Domestic Monday, but the hot weather makes me really cranky. I don't like it. It might be time to consider looking into central air conditioning. I cleaned my kitchen and baked the dog his treats. My Sweetie and myself emptied the last of the garden soil in the trailer into the seven Rubbermaid bins that I had emptied last week and drilled holes in the bottom for drainage. These are lined up on the ground along one side of the veggie garden.  I planted my seed potatoes in them and covered them with some soil about 1/4 full. As the plants grow, I will keep adding soil to the bins (much like I did last year in the planters) I had success with this method last year, so I am trying it this way again. They are terribly late going in. They should have been planted early in May, but they were late last year also. When I harvested in the Fall, they seemed to have lots of time to develop, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for this year. My bean seeds have sprouted already and are about 3 inches tall. The weeds are also doing well. 

I did not vacuum. I did not pull weeds. I don't feel like doing much of anything. I am frying pork chops for supper with frozen  mixed veggies and potatoes baked in the micro wave. I am hoping for a change in the weather overnight, and I strongly suspect my Sweetie is hoping for a change in my mood sooner rather than later. Have a good evening. 

2 comments:

  1. Your Father's Day cards are beautiful. Did your dad get his today?

    I also get cranky when it's too hot. I never had any luck with the potatoes in the bins (although I don't think I did it right) but today I pulled my sweet potato vine because it was invading everything and I harvested a whole salad bowl of sweet potatoes! I was very surprised. Somehow I didn't think there would actually be any sweet potatoes at all!

    I hope your weather was cooler today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad called me last night to say he received his card. He actually left my Sister's place the day before, on
    Father's Day. So he already had his card as I was writing up the post.
    You had sweet potatoes? How exciting! Have you eaten any yet? Can't wait to see the photo.

    ReplyDelete