Monday, June 6, 2016

Day Book: June 6/16


Outside my window......

roses are making an appearance on my "tree".

It is sunny, warm but a little breezy today. There is a possibility of more rain later today. I can see every weed on my front lawn because the grass is so brown and "crispy". Those are the only green bits on my lawn. I should take advantage of that and dig them out today.

I am thinking.......of the great time I had yesterday at the Great Canadian Cheese Festival in Picton. My brother and SIL picked me up shortly after 10 AM to drive to the Exhibition grounds. Even though it was a rainy day, it was crowded with people and even more vendors this year. We stayed several hours, ate cheese until we were cheezed out, and tasted some wine. Great times. 

I am thankful for......all the rain we got yesterday. The worst of it fell during the night before and early morning before we left. It continued all through the day but wasn't so bad to ruin anyone's time at the Festival. We desperately needed this rain, and I had just planted all my veggie starts the day before in anticipation of the rain. Yay ME!  I am also thankful for my son and GF arriving home safely yesterday from their Californian trip. 

From the kitchen.....not much has happened all this week. I need to make more doggie biscuits (already?) I am trying not to have any baking in the house, or I might be tempted to eat it. I need to find more cupboard space for my son and GF, although they were very happy to see the effort I made already to accommodate "their" kitchen needs. She has special diet requirements, so they buy and cook their own meals. And yes, I like that very much, so I will try to be more accommodating. 

I am wearing.....light tan capris and green T-shirt from Magnolia Plantation and Gardens in  Charleston, S.C.; and no, I have never been to South Carolina. 

I am creating.....a pile of  boxes in the downstairs hallway for the upcoming yard sale that we hope will happen this coming week-end, if we can get our collective hind-quarters in gear. 

I am going......into Kingston later this morning to visit with my friend who returned home from the hospital yet again two nights ago. 

I am reading........nothing. Who has time to read? 

I am hoping......everything is okay with my Sweetie. He has been having a rough time the past few days and has called his doctor this morning. He has become quite dehydrated because he can't seem to keep the fluids in. He had a very bad night last night, but is sleeping comfortably right now on the couch. I am also hoping I can write another blog post later on today. 

I am hearing.....CSN (Sports Network) on the television right now as the background noise to my husband's sleeping. The chimes just outside my window are blowing in the breeze. I hear the occasional vehicle traffic passing the open window. 

Around the house.......I am trying to prepare for a yard sale and do some long neglected yard work at the same time. I roto-tilled and planted half the garden with veggie starts, but I haven't even pulled weeds in the other half of the garden where I plan to plant my seed crops (beans, carrots, parsnips, potatoes, corn and beets) I am so far behind. 

One of my favourite things......right now, is my "new-to-me" van that my father and "Dee" gifted me. I am able to go visit my friend so my husband has a vehicle if he needs it. Otherwise, we would combine errands and make one trip.

A few plans for the rest of the week..... pull weeds, plant veggie seeds, pull weeds, set up tables and set prices on my meager contributions to the yard sale. 

Here is a picture I am sharing.......
These are the items I purchased at the Cheese Festival.










1 comment:

  1. Aaargh, I want to stare at the picture of the cheeses so badly but I have to scroll all the way down so I DON'T see it. Great, I'm salivating right now. Oooh, curse you! **shaking my fist*** lol.

    I hope everything is OK with your Sweetie as well. Is it a stomach bug perhaps? Poor guy.

    Glad that your friend is back from the hospital and you can go visit her when you want, and that your kids are back from their CA trip. Did they have a good time?

    I laughed at your admitting that you've never been to SC, hahaha.

    I think you forgot to add "pull weeds" to your to-do list for the week. You're welcome.

    Have a great day. Can't wait to see pictures of the cheese festival (with just one eye and from behind my hands since my bangs aren't long enough) later on, maybe... no pressure there!

    ReplyDelete