Thursday, June 30, 2016

First grocery shop for July

I began my morning with stripping my bed and doing a large load of whites and lights in the washing machine. I emptied the dishwasher and filled it up again with a second load of dishes while I soaked a sink full of dishes with baked on food. I have been struggling with my mood disorder the last couple of days, so I forced myself out of the house this morning to go shopping. It seems to have helped me a bit. Tomorrow I will go to Amherst Island to celebrate both my friend's birthday and Canada's birthday. It is supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon, so I don't know if the parade and/or fireworks will be cancelled. Regardless, we will be enjoying a pot luck dinner and celebrating a friend.

I stopped first at Michael's with my 50% off coupon for one regularly priced item. I needed a few items including both white and clear embossing powders, another white gel pen, and a package of 50 white A2 sized envelopes. I used my 50% coupon to buy myself another smaller paper pad with solid colours and co-ordinating prints to make more cards with. I also had another gift card left from Christmas with almost $25 left on it, so I was only out of pocket for $10 and change. Now I just need to wait for inspiration to come and sweep me away in a frenzy of crafting and card-making. Ha.

Next, I went grocery shopping at Freshco. Their new sales start on Thursdays.



Miscellaneous  cost $22.40
The no name TP was $3.83 and the Finish was $10.99  Not in the photo were some toiletries and store bought dog treats for $7.58  I was hoping I could get a full rebate for the dishwasher tabs, but I picked up the wrong ones. Darn it! I should have chosen the Max-in-one.

Dairy totaled $15.76
Not in the photo are Black Diamond 24 cheese slices (my plastic cheese) which were only $2.99, but I had a $1 off coupon so it would have only cost me $1.99, IF I had remembered to bring my coupons with me. DARN IT!

Meat cost $11.82

I am craving chicken this week. The whole chicken was $2/lb.and the 2 kg pkg. of seasoned boneless chicken breasts was selling for $5 for the bag. 

Produce totaled $17.00
I count my frozen veggies as part of my fruits and vegetables purchase. I also bought celery, green onions, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, apples and clementines.  

Pantry items came to $37.44

At the back of the photo is a bag of oatmeal and a small bag of oregano. I should have bought these at the Bulk Barn, but I don't know when I will get there next. I was completely out of these. I also bought Olive oil, baking spray, honey mustard, two different cooking sauces, Mayonnaise (both generic and branded), tea, 2 tins of mushroom soup and a can of mushrooms, diced tomatoes, peanuts and fusilli pasta. Everything was either on sale or store brands. 

Bread cost me $ 4.48 today

My total for the first shop of July came to $112.22 including taxable items, and my savings due to sales came to $24.47

1 comment:

  1. You saved money, yay! Of course, YES, it would have been helpful to have remembered your coupons! But I completely forgot to buy cat litter today even though it was on my list and I really needed it so I understand how minds usually have minds of their own.

    Can you return the Finish tabs and get the ones you needed for the rebate? You seem to always have a rebate for those, right? I think you mentioned that in a previous post. We used to see rebate for them pretty regularly too but I haven't seen one in at least a year or even longer. I do like the Finish tabs but I don't want to pay for them, lol.

    If you do go back to return the Finish, bring your cheese coupon with you and of course your receipt (don't forget the receipt!), maybe they'll let you redeem it after the fact?

    ReplyDelete