Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Party Hearty

Advent calendar Days 5 and 6....a facial sponge and a lip liner.

I am going to be so-o-o beautiful by the time Christmas comes around. I am really enjoying receiving all these luscious gifts every day through December. My Sweetie is really enjoying his as well.....two of his favourite things (chocolate and lottery tickets) He got a scratch ticket from Merry Money and a Santa wrapped chocolate. I have managed to make and send out some out-of-town Christmas cards and continue to work on that.  I may break down today and do some vacuuming and folding up laundry because I can't take the mess anymore. Our Radiation appointment isn't until almost 4 PM this afternoon, so I have a good long stretch of time. I can also take a break by wrapping up a few of the stocking stuffers I have bought so far.

During the past weekend, I was out celebrating some festive activities with friends. On Saturday a group of us "crashed" a friend's birthday dinner in Napanee before we all settled in to watch the Santa Claus parade. Her family had reserved a big table in one of the restaurants to take her out to celebrate her birthday. When they walked in, we were already sitting at their table. I enjoyed the roast beef Special. It was prearranged by the family, but a surprise to her. It was a "cards only" birthday party, followed by our favourite Christmas parade. As you can see in the photos, the store fronts downtown are covered in lights, which makes a great backdrop to the floats. The weather was great, our spirits were festive and everyone had a wonderful evening. These are not my photos, but they were taken by the birthday girl's son. Yes, of course I forgot my Blackberry to take pictures. So I am grateful to be able to show you some photos. 
Looking up the street into the downtown area.







We are standing at the end of the route, so you may notice very few lights at this end of the downtown.  Also, there is an empty lot directly across the street from us.

On Sunday I attended another "cards only" birthday lunch in Kingston with a different group of friends. Since it was at noon at a restaurant that specializes in Brunch, I decided I wanted a big breakfast plate. Yum. The next birthday celebration among this group, isn't until February. I drove home to find my son and his GF had just started to string up the outdoor lights. With my help (and OCD supervision), it was finished in record time. And for anyone who is curious, no I haven't gone out to "fix" any of them. I had already put up the evergreen garlands, which I am particular about, and I appreciated very much the fact that everything outside is finished.

I still have not worked on my November goals report.  It might end up being a combined end of year report, seeing as how I am not getting those things on my list scratched off anyways. From here on in, I will just work at getting through Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are getting some pampering products as your Advent gifts. :)

    Sounds like you've had a nice couple of birthday celebrations to attend and that Santa Claus parade looks like it was a lot of fun. Glad your family helped you with putting up the lights.

    Do take the time to enjoy the holiday preparations. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they were both really lovely birthday celebrations. Who doesn't love a birthday where there is food involved. *laugh* I have a terrific group of friends and it is always a good time when we can get together.

    ReplyDelete