Monday, December 19, 2016

Daybook: Monday December 19/16


Outside my window.....it is snowing. The temperature is quite cold this morning. My son is outside brushing snow off the windows of the car.

I am thinking.....this is the last week before Christmas and I need to get the final push on to get things ready for Christmas Eve.

I am thankful for.....my son and his girlfriend for helping us out. My son has been shoveling snow and moving things for me.

From the kitchen.....there has not been a lot going on yet. I will be baking a couple of things this week, hopefully. And I will be doing a clean in there between bakings. My cupboard doors and appliances need another washing down. My floor definitely needs a scrub.

I am wearing.....blue jeans with a gray knit sweater, and socks.

I am creating.....another Christmas card this morning for one of my husband's friends. When he asked to speak to me last night to wish me a Merry Christmas, he mentioned how much he enjoys receiving my homemade cards. I had asked my husband to verify that the address I had for him was still current (which we found out it was), so this morning, instead of mailing out the store bought card I had already prepared for him, I made a card. He made such a fuss about how he has kept all the cards I have made for him, I didn't have the heart to tell him that this year was going to be different.

I am going..... to Hotel Dieu Hospital for my Sweetie's echo cardiogram mid-day and then off to Kingston General Hospital for his radiation therapy. I will stop to get some baking margarine and butter to start a batch of cookies.

I am hoping.....we don't get too much more snow today.

I am hearing.....the blower on the furnace. I also just heard an emergency vehicle with its siren going past our house. I didn't look up to see, but I think it was the fire department paramedics responding to an accident.

Around the house.....there is still way too much  to do.

One of my favourite things.....lately, is the wheelchair that I borrowed from my SIL in Smith Falls. It has been so valuable in getting my husband to his radiation appointments. We can park closer to the Cancer wing, so I don't have to run ahead to the Main Entrance to try and find one that is available. There is no way my husband can walk the distance on his own.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include a 2-3 hour appointment tomorrow for Pre-Surgery. My Sweetie had some eye surgery scheduled for mid-March, but it has been moved forward to January 4th. He still has his radiation appointment scheduled before this Pre-Op appointment. This coming Saturday is Christmas Eve. We will be having company here for dinner with a gift exchange afterwards. We have a long standing event with our good friends from Charleston Lake. We go to their place for Thanksgiving, and they come here for Christmas Eve. Their son and his wife and our Middle son and GF are also part of this Christmas Eve Special. Sometimes we have been fortunate enough to have other family members join us, but it has been going on now for over 30 years.

Here is a picture I am sharing.....

Day 17, 18 and 19...an eyebrow and eyelash comb, Chamomile eye makeup remover and Shea lip butter.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've a busy week ahead. I'm glad that your son and his girlfriend are helping you out and you are not doing everything by yourself. Hope you are able to accomplish all that you wish to do for the holidays. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete