Wednesday, December 21, 2016

My first REAL grocery shop of the month.

Snack foods cost me $41.50
 There are items that are not shown here because they will be wrapped as "last minute" gift items for when I am presented a gift by a neighbour or friend that I was not expecting.  Some of these items are also going to be used in gift baskets and to make certain other recipes. I normally don't buy snack foods very often.
Cereals and breads cost $16.45
 The cereals will be used to make bits and bites, or nuts and bolts. I needed to buy the oatmeal and cornmeal to make doggie biscuits for all our canine friends.
Dairy was $13.13 

 I managed to pick up two blocks of cheddar yesterday, another pound of butter and 3 pounds of baking margarine. I haven't started baking yet, but I will be ready if the mood strikes.
Meat cost $23.39 
 Yesterday I picked up 4 pounds of ground beef for $10. Otherwise, we have been eating from our freezer over this past month. We still have spareribs, ground pork, roast beef and a small turkey.
Fruit and juices cost $26.45

Pantry items cost $26.96
 Some of my grocery items are missing from the photos, but I have added them up in my totals.
Sundries cost $31.67
I still have not been able to find washing soda, so I bought another liquid laundry detergent. I also bought 2 $50 gift certificates today, bringing my total expenditure with taxes to a whopping $303.80 Aside for paying my son's GF back $50 for a gift she picked up for me, I think I am done. But I do need to do some baking, as that forms part of the gifts I will be making. I also need to pick up more items locally.

The last two days my Sweetie and I have been very ill. I caught that nasty cold bug from my husband, so now my head is congested and I am now "coughing from my boots". I have my sexy voice. Yesterday after the Radiation treatment and the Pre Surgery appointment  we both came home to bed. We left around 9 AM and came home after 3 PM. It was a long day. Today, neither one of us felt like shopping, but it needed to get done, so we bit the bullet. I will medicate myself tonight and pour it on over the next two days.

It has been difficult getting ready for Christmas this year, but I have had some help. My son and his GF have picked up items for me, and friends of mine have also picked up things I have asked for. I did not have time this year to do a lot of crafting, so I have used some ingenuity to come up with gift basket ideas. I am sure people understand how little time in the day is left over after all the medical appointments. And just having everyone here to enjoy good food and good company is what is most important.
Day 20 is a nail file and Day 21 is Polynesian Island shower gel.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to read you've come down with a cold, Susan. Hope you'll feel better, soon. Sounds like you had a good grocery shopping trip. Amazing that you got through two thirds of the month without doing a real grocery shopping trip!

    I, too, usually craft a lot of my holiday gifts and this year, I haven't been able to do that. So, I am resorting to gift cards and it is shaping up to be a rather expensive Christmas!

    ReplyDelete