Monday, December 12, 2016

Daybook: Monday December 12/16


Outside my window.....there is a lot of snow; but it is also mild outside, so it is melting quite quickly. The roads are very wet and slushy.

I am thinking.....of how tired I am feeling today. I woke up at 6 this morning and didn't go back to sleep. I went outside to start clearing the driveway. Shoveling in the fresh air can easily be tiring.

I am thankful.....that my son got up and took over. I am also thankful that my sister was well enough to be released from hospital this weekend, and that she is feeling much better. She still has to take care of herself.

From the kitchen.....I have peeled and diced 5 pounds of turnip and it is now simmering on the stove top. The crock pot has potato, carrots, a tomato, and sliced kielbasa cooking up for dinner. I also have a load washing in the dishwasher.

I am wearing.....yes, a pair of blue jeans, with a black shirt and a pair of slippers.

I am creating.....nothing today. I have mailed out all my Christmas cards. I may attempt to wrap a few stocking stuffers because I don't feel I have much energy to do too much else today. Bummer.

I am going.....to Radiation therapy this afternoon. We will leave approximately at 1:30, which is one hour before the appointed 2:30; and because it is Monday. we will be seeing the oncologist as well at 2:55. On the way home we will have to stop at Shoppers for bread, milk and dog food.

I am hoping.....to get the house cleaned and decorated this week. I would like to start doing some baking next week.

I am hearing.....my dishwasher running.

Around the house.....there is lots to be done. I will do what I can.

One of my favourite things.....is my Advent calendar. It gives me something exciting to look forward to every single day. I also am enjoying my husband's Advent gifts. Although there are only two choices, chocolate or scratch ticket, they are two of his favourite things. He is really going to miss these once Christmas is over. He has won $3 so far, but the promise of winning more is exciting. He has not cashed in his ticket yet because he can't decide whether to buy another ticket or two chocolate bars. *laugh*

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include more visits with Radiation and to get my parcels in the mail. They are packaged, wrapped and addressed, but I haven't driven them over to the post office yet. Must do that.

Here is a picture I am sharing......halfway through Advent. 
Black eye liner pencil

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had a busy day! Shoveling snow can be very tiring. I'm glad your son was able to help you. Glad, too, to hear your sister is feeling better.

    What are you going to do with all the turnip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat it, of course. *laugh*. I have mashed it up and put into smaller freezer containers. We had some of it last night alongside our kielbasa stew. I have another 5 pounds of turnip (it was a great sale), that I have to peel, chop and boil today. It will be a lovely change from carrots. Turnip is not on the list of veggies that my husband should avoid, and he does enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have ever eaten turnip! Should try it, one day.

      Delete