Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Get 'er Done


Sometimes you just have to do it. If you wait for inspiration to strike, or wait for a day where you aren't feeling overwhelmed, or wait until the sky turns pink, it doesn't get done. Yesterday morning I started my day with my usual chores, and I peeled, cubed and boiled my second 5 pound bag of turnip, and I wrapped up some more stocking stuffers. Before I knew it, it was 12:45 and time to leave for the hospital. When I came home I realized that at this rate I would never feel up to cleaning and decorating my house. So I just started taking pictures down off the walls and placing them inside an empty Rubbermaid tub. I took out the boxes of decorations and started placing them on the dining room table that I had managed to clean off on the weekend. I switched out the pictures that I took down with Christmas decorations.
My dining room table was my main staging area. The pretty dessert plates in the centre of the table were taken down from the dining room wall and hand washed to put away.       
I substituted  those for some Christmas plates for decoration.

Oil paintings were substituted for more festive Christmas decorations. This 3_D shadow box is one of my favourites because it was handmade for me.
I used the feather duster to dust down the walls and door frames before I hung the garlands and lights around the door frames.
On the dining room wall looking through the French door into the living room.

On the living room wall (same doorway) looking into the dining room.
I brought out the Christmas dishes from the buffet and changed them out for my everyday dishes. Now I will have to clean off surfaces on tables and shelves to place the remainder of stuff that still sits on my dining table. But at least I have started.

This morning I did not need to cook 5 pounds of any kind of vegetable, but I did have to bake up another batch of doggie biscuits. I got my parcels into the mail, so they will arrive before Christmas.
Day 13 and 14 of my Advent calendar....an eyelash curler and British Rose shower gel.

1 comment:

  1. Susan, you are an inspiration to us all! LOVE your garland and other decorations. I think I am going to be on the lookout for a garland, myself. :)

    ReplyDelete