Sunday, December 11, 2016

Weekend Happenings

Day 9 was a new slanted end tweezers.

I had so many items on my To-Do list for yesterday, it would make your head spin. All I managed to do was put together two more homemade cards (I thought I was done with those). I have addressed and stamped all of the cards (I hope). Some of them were the store bought variety, but I still managed to make 40 handmade cards to mail out, plus the 15 I sold, makes 55 homemade cards that I didn't think I would have time to make this year. Whew! I washed up and put away all my stamps, and I once again cleaned off my craft room table. I also managed to clear off most of the dining table. It doesn't seem like I accomplished much yesterday at all, but it was huge. My muscles today are sore as proof of the work I did yesterday.
Strawberry lip balm

This morning, as I type this, I am dyeing my hair. It so badly needs it. My Sweetie and I are driving out to Charlestown Lake for a Christmas Drop-in at our good friends' cabin in the woods. They have a lovely log home....the perfect setting for a Christmas affair. She has had her decorations up for weeks now. I don't. But those are my plans for this week. I will clean each room (dining room first) and then put up the decorations, ending with the living room and the tree.

Today's gift is vanilla chai body gel-lotion
So much continues to happen in our family. My step-dad was to have moved finally into the same Long-term care facility as my mom this past Tuesday; but by then, the home was in quarantine. So he still sits in hospital. My sister in the meantime, was rushed into hospital herself. They have sorted out her meds and she was supposed to have been released home yesterday. She has been advised to stay away from work for at least 3 months. She needs a break, as she has been under a lot of stress dealing with our mother's situation. Closer to home, my son and his GF are hoping to hear this week whether or not they have an apartment for January. I didn't even know they were looking, but I guess they have put a lot of mileage on their new car. Gas prices are only going to rise, so they figure they will save a lot of money by moving into town. The rent on this new place is exceptional and is all-inclusive. They are very excited to be out on their own and I am keeping my fingers crossed for them. As I plan to purge and do a deep-clean in January, this will also work well for us, as I get my rooms back and the extra storage space that I gave up.

We are expecting more snow late in the day. Hopefully, it will be after we get back from our Drop-in and safely back home. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. 






1 comment:

  1. My goodness, but that's a lot of cards you made! Each one lovelier than the other, too, I'm sure.

    Yes, it certainly sounds like there is a lot going on with you and your family! I'm sorry to hear your sister had to be hospitalized; I hope she is well and will be able to recover well. I hope, too, that your step-dad will get his place in the same home as your mum in the near future, without any additional setbacks. Hope your son and GF will get the apartment they are hoping to get and all moved in, in the new year. No doubt you'll miss them, but it will be nice to have the house to yourself and the extra space, too, I'm sure.

    Most of all, I hope you will not run yourself too ragged trying to get it all done, Susan. I know it is easier to say it than do, though. I haven't decorated or got all my gifts, etc., but I am scaling way back, because I tried to do too much too soon and suffered a set back. Please take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete