Thursday, December 8, 2016

Domestic Thursday??



I did nothing for Christmas today.....no making cards, no wrapping presents, no decorating, nothing. Instead, after coming back from the hospital at 11 this morning, I got busy doing up some long neglected housework. I need a good solid month, but since I don't have that much time, I am scrambling to clear away the cobwebs and the dust bunnies so I can toss a few Christmas decorations around. I vacuumed the entrance/computer room, dining room, kitchen and hallway. I have not done the living room yet because my poor Sweetie was resting and had dozed off. The floors also need a good mop as well, but since I have to clean them again after I decorate, I will wait until then. I folded up all the clothes I washed yesterday and put them away.

In the kitchen, I washed a dishwasher load of dishes, cleaned the stove top, took the kitchen compost out to the main composter and sorted through the recycling. I made vegetable stock in the crock pot overnight by using up some of the "peelings" that I keep in the freezer. I am getting quite a stock pile of those. I will freeze the stock in two cup measures to cook with rice or make some vegetable soup. I " found" the bag of free McIntosh apples that we were given about 3 or 4 weeks ago. If I had put them in the fridge, they would have been fine. But I don't have much space in my fridge because two households are using it and it is considered prime real estate. As a result, I had to throw away one whole apple and I had to cut away some spoiled spots on others. I peeled, quartered and sliced the whole lot. I used half of them to make an apple crumble and the other half went into the freezer for later. I am upset with myself for having waited so long to do anything with these apples, but until today, they just were not a priority. It will taste very good though after dinner tonight, which I have decided will be some of the pork chops we were gifted in that box of meat from our neighbour. I still have half of a pasta bake that I made for dinner last night, but that will be better tomorrow when we have a late appointment with Radiation. I will just need to warm it up when we get home.
Still warm from the oven

Day 7 and 8 from my Advent calendar.....a sharpener for the lip liner I received on Day 6 and a bar of coconut soap. Aren't you guys just lovin' this? I know I am. I am carefully putting all the boxes back in the calendar so I can maybe reuse it for someone else.

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to do everything at this time of the year, to begin with, and when there are other things like health issues to take into consideration, well, then, everything else needs to take a back seat. Give yourself a break for not processing the apples, earlier and give yourself another break for not doing any Christmas related things, today. You accompanied your Sweetie to his medical appointments, you cleaned, and you cooked. That is enough.

    I am definitely enjoying seeing what you are receiving as your Advent gifts. Thank you so much for sharing. Such a thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete