Monday, December 4, 2017

Daybook: Monday, Dec. 4/17

Outside my window.....it is gray and overcast. It looks cold but we are still experiencing a "mild" temperature of 6 or 7 degrees Celsius. The colder weather and snow will start moving in by the end of this week.

I am thinking.....that I have been procrastinating this morning about getting started on my housecleaning.

I am thankful for.....my good health and the ability to get things done in time for Christmas. I have a friend who recently broke her arm and required surgery to have it set. I went over on Saturday to pull her boxes of decorations down from the closet and do up her apartment with a few lights and garlands and tabletop decorations. She is unable to send Christmas cards, shop for and wrap presents, or even to open up a tin of soup. If you think about it, there isn't very much anyone can do with just one arm.

From the kitchen.....I baked another batch of dog treats, I roasted 5 chicken breasts yesterday to be eaten over the next few days (or to take off the meat and freeze) and I made a big pot of beef and veggie soup.

I am wearing.....jeans, a long sleeved printed ivory coloured T-shirt, black socks. (my working uniform)

I am creating..... 2 more boxes to gift my two sets of birthday greeting cards, and then nothing for a while. I have spent days and weeks making cards and gift boxes, so I don't expect to pull out my supplies again until after Christmas.

I am going.....grocery shopping this morning for some eggs, butter  and fresh veggies for the next two weeks. Then I will drop in on my friend with the broken arm to address (and maybe even sign) some medical forms that need to be mailed out.

I am hoping.....that I won't need to spend much more money on finishing up my shopping for gift baskets I am making up for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

I am hearing.....traffic noises and the hum of my freezer behind me.

Around the house.....I have work to do. Ha.

One of my favourite things.....right now, is the spiralizer that my daughter gifted me with a few months ago but that I just used for the first time on Saturday. I used my last two small zucchini to make zoodles, which I sauteed in butter with garlic, leeks, and the last of my mushrooms. So, so good.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include an appointment on Wednesday to get my snow tires put on.

Here's a picture I am sharing.....
From "The Best of Aruba" on the Norwegian Dawn itinerary website. I don't have any pictures of my own to share this week, so I am using one of my favourite shots of the upcoming Southern cruise I will be taking mid-January. Why not, eh?

2 comments:

  1. Very kind of you to help your friend; I'm sure she appreciates it. I haven't been commenting much, as I know you are busy and wanted to disable comments, but I've been reading. Best wishes to you and yours as you approach this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless, you are one of the kindest persons I have had the pleasure to be acquainted with. I can only aspire to be as positive as you are. You certainly do not need to comment as I am sure you are as busy as anyone else this time of year, but thank you for your understanding and best wishes.

      Delete